Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure :)

Since your in such fine voice tonight, care to elaborate on this? Sounds like you may know something rest of us don't.

Ive laid my cards on the table and said I've asked for the newsfeed to be accountable here and was told no go....

Now if I switch it up and use that to my advantage and you know different without sharing with the group, well.....

That's just not playing nicely is it, you should share your toys

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

As I said, what exactly will the rule be?

It would have to be properly defined and again, they can still be discussed on SM itself.

Don't get me wrong, the idea is good. Managers losing out because someone blabs is a pain, I just can't see how it will work, that's not to say it can't though :)

I'll leave it at that, I just wanted to voice my opinion with regard to it not being feasible IMO

But saying you cant see how it will work as SM isnt governed by the boards rules is a cop out on why not to review change a rule/guideline/ agreement ... if it wouldnt work for a new / updated rule then scrap any rule / agreement we have in place here as they all fall down on the same principle ...

as for what the rule should be...

possibly any player at external or recently added to the DB can not be discussed if he has been shortlisted by one or more managers? not that complicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    But saying you cant see how it will work as SM isnt governed by the boards rules is a cop out on why not to review change a rule/guideline/ agreement ... if it wouldnt work for a new / updated rule then scrap any rule / agreement we have in place here as they all fall down on the same principle ...

as for what the rule should be...

possibly any player at external or recently added to the DB can not be discussed if he has been shortlisted by one or more managers? not that complicated.

It's not a cop out, it's a valid reason as to why it won't work and it's not the only reason I gave.

Another is you could get a manager who short lists all new players, he might not even bid on them but they can't be discussed because they're short listed...?

It's not a cop out, it's a valid reason as to why it won't work and it's not the only reason I gave.

Another is you could get a manager who short lists all new players, he might not even bid on them but they can't be discussed because they're short listed...?

Fantastic sidestep by the way!!

Thanks, I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

so whats the deal , you cant talk about players who others have shortlisted?

Since your in such fine voice tonight, care to elaborate on this? Sounds like you may know something rest of us don't.

Ive laid my cards on the table and said I've asked for the newsfeed to be accountable here and was told no go....

Now if I switch it up and use that to my advantage and you know different without sharing with the group, well.....

That's just not playing nicely is it, you should share your toys

@ Keraplat.....

Any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

bpb101 wrote: »

nope you can currently, but once a bid is on a player you cant discuss the player

You can at the moment, that's what is being discussed. The rule may be changed.

Mac owns the GW but every season some in game and out of game rules are discussed and sometimes after a vote the rules are changed like log in times, buying from unmanaged clubs and transfer monitoring

@ Keraplat.....

Any chance?

Thought so.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Your right, I know this as I've asked can the news feed comments not be held accountable to members here but I was told no..

Some have been using the newsfeed as of late for less than what it was intended, and, well, since its not regulated then they have free reign....

Which, if you think about it is feckin brilliant!!!!

Ye do realise ye can report comments in the newsfeed on soccermanager too the soccermanager mods??

Thought so.....

Drop it now

What the rule is at the min is if you find a player and see there's a bid in on him don't go posting here about him as its not fair. What happens normally is someone will research a player then wait for them too be added and they'll bid. If the players name gets posted here normally there's an extra 10-12 managers bid then even tho they know nothing about him. Which isn't fair on the original manager. I

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

SM site seems to be down cos I can't go into my clubs but when i checked it this morning I saw I had 2 rises from players I recently bought.

Ristic +4 to 80
    Cook +2 to 84. Heard this fella was one of Bournemouth's best players so hopefully they get promoted and he can kick on. 5 goals from centre back this season too and turning 24 this week so still very young for a centre back

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

I think people are blowing this up way to bigger than what it is. The chances of the situation that caused all this happening again is slim to none. We all know your talking about Juanmi and the situation is quite clear, I had him transfer listed for a good while which gave all the ' top scouts' the chances to unearth this gem but they decided not to. I then sold him and just over a month into his sale I expressed my dismay at how well he was doing over this period which I was perfectly entitled to do and let's face it this is what the forum is all about, talking about aspects and scenarios in the game. now there is two sides to this case, the first being wen I first bought him 9months ago no one had shortlisted or bid on him so i 'unearthed the gem' as you like to put it, if someone went onto boards and 'blabbed' as you put it, which caused numerous bids coming in this would be unfair and breaking rules. Now the second case is different I had the 'gem' listed him for cash sale and not one bid so he went to an external, then I ' blab' about him on here and the whole place goes into melt down. In case number 2 I was perfectly entitled to blab about a situation that affected me in the game and broke no rules.

now if you ask me the rules are perfectly ok as things stand because the chances of this happening again are slim, case 1 is an ideal example of illustrating how the rules in place work.

Maybe a better poll would be to what you can talk about on here because as far as I can see anything is cardable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Tis only a fecking game

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Yeah so the getting full on Sunday night plan didnt go so well....

Beaten by Ajax, but bounced back with a 3-0 win in the CL last night...

Am i missing wazza???

Just got off the mark for me in the last league game, then 2 in champs league the following game.... I'm expecting great things this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Tis only a fecking game

Agree with this. Dunno why some lads get so worked up about it.

Question for the mods.. If someone was on a yellow and received another yellow how much of a ban wud he receive and wen the ban is served is the slate wiped clean and he has no cards

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

modo85 wrote: »
    Question for the mods.. If someone was on a yellow and received another yellow how much of a ban wud he receive and wen the ban is served is the slate wiped clean and he has no cards

What are you planning:pac:

• Advertisement

modo85 wrote: »

How cards are distributed and dealt out changes depending on the offense, accumalation of warnings, cards or wasting mods time etc. We will deal with things on a case by case and individual case basis taking lots of factors into consideration first. This is not a discussion forum for it so any questions take them too pm's and we'll get back on topic thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

lads just thought i'd just mention how awesome i am.

swoody wrote: »
    lads just thought i'd just mention how awesome i am.

No gif?

FAIL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

MrMac84 wrote: »
    No gif?

FAIL!!

128018-soccer-red-card.jpg

dangerous play... :pac:

Just reading through the previous few pages and there is a lot of statements that could b classed as ' trolling to gain a reaction from others'. Can't believe tupac huntelaar hasn't got a card yet, how many times does he have to get a ticking before he gets a card?? I suppose it down to people reporting people for trolling and a lot of people aren't the type to go snitching on others but hunt else he's a different kettle of fish, he will report the slightest bit of trolling as he will do this post. He likes to think everyone else is a hypocrite but he's without doubt the biggest hypocrite ever.
    Well I'm away off to Florida in the morning for 2 weeks so stick me down for a 2 week ban as soon as huntelaar reports this and I'll see yes all in 2 weeks

Ps talk to the rest of you in 2 weeks provided the mods don't do anything silly and give a life ban 😨

What are you planning:pac:

A holiday in Florida 😄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Tis only a fecking game

Lad will you stop, it's unreal there's more bitching and back stabbing among lads here than the old women at the weekly ICA meeting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Mourinho wrote: »
    Lad will you stop, it's unreal there's more bitching and back stabbing among lads here than the old women at the weekly ICA meeting :pac:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrihyx_6oXJ84tj6aANh0wdbEesinwiuPzJ2qt1A9q9rz1V7A3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Mourinho wrote: »

Have slightly mirrored this with my comments on SM just now. Everyone needs to calm down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Panathinaikos beat FC Porto 1 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    Gabulov had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Athanasiadis was on the scoresheet for his side.

Lucky win for us tonight when our goalie was mom even though porto were down to 10 men for most of the game, but i'll gladly accept it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement