Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Palmeiras beat Hanover 2 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    Ivanschitz scored both of the goals for Palmeiras and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

second game second win, good win considering hanover are a division above me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Panathinaikos beat FC Porto 1 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    Gabulov had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Athanasiadis was on the scoresheet for his side.

Lucky win for us tonight when our goalie was mom even though porto were down to 10 men for most of the game, but i'll gladly accept it

With Acheampong's future at stake I didnt take the recent training ground spat between him and Januzaj into account.

Obviously Januzaj still holds a grudge ... getting himself sent off after only 26mins

FC Porto slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to Panathinaikos in their Friendly fixture.

Without wanting to start another argument ... (actually to prevent another to and fro, maybe the mac could give his opinion here)

I'm genuinely wondering when it is acceptable to start bidding on players at the new manager clubs.

I'm not having a dig at those that currently are bidding, I just wonder when we consider the new managers sufficiently schooled to be able to decide on what is a good deal and when someone's trying to pull a fast one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Without wanting to start another argument ... (actually to prevent another to and fro, maybe the mac could give his opinion here)

I'm genuinely wondering when it is acceptable to start bidding on players at the new manager clubs.

I'm not having a dig at those that currently are bidding, I just wonder when we consider the new managers sufficiently schooled to be able to decide on what is a good deal and when someone's trying to pull a fast one.

play the game you want to play it, who give a fcuk what others think... do you ask your mother to wipe your ass as well....?

swoody wrote: »
    play the game you want to play it, who give a fcuk what others think... do you ask your mother to wipe your ass as well....?

That descision is all mine but tends not to get as many people comment on it as SM descisions :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Hey guys just took over Besiktas in Division 4 today. Wondering what members here I'll be facing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

gazump123 wrote: »
    Hey guys just took over Besiktas in Division 4 today. Wondering what members here I'll be facing?

Me. I'm 18th and yet to score a goal so nothing for ya to worry about!

Me. I'm 18th and yet to score a goal so nothing for ya to worry about!

You and me (well mainly me) have tried addressing that by releaving you of Isco, he's just too selfish for D4.

btw ... check out todays bid ...

Queue a rake of new bids for Isco ... sorry Malaga :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

San Marino were hammered by Sunderland 7 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.

Who's next? :pac:

Wilberto wrote: »

Think you are wanted over in the waiting room ;)

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »

You have a strange voodoo over me when it comes to head-to-heads...

Whats involved?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    You have a strange voodoo over me when it comes to head-to-heads...

Whats involved?

For me, nothing to lose. For you, eternal shame should I even score a goal against you!!

To be honest, you could safely put up your favourite Belgian (probably Januzaj) and not really risk him as there is effectively zero chance of me beating you. My San Marino squad have an average rating of something like 71 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Just realised something.....

In season 3, Eto'o spearheaded Athletic Bilbao's promotion to Division 2. With 2 games to go he was sold to Flamengo
    In season 4, Eto'o spearheaded Flamengo's promotion to Division 3. Sold to Udinese at the end of the season
    In season 5, Eto'o spearheaded Udinese's promotion to Division 2. Didn't sell him but did offer him :P

So ya, Eto'o is THE man for getting promotion. He hasn't managed to get any team promoted to Division 1 as of yet but he has played in all divisions now, making his debut in Division 2 this season.

Some man for one man!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Colemania wrote: »

In season 3, Eto'o spearheaded Athletic Bilbao's promotion to Division 2. With 2 games to go he was sold to Flamengo

Always regretted this - sold to Flamengo for 15m and Bryan F***ing Oviedo!

He was leaving Chelsea at the time and I thought he would end up in Qatar or something - the bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Always regretted this - sold to Flamengo for 15m and Bryan F***ing Oviedo!

He was leaving Chelsea at the time and I thought he would end up in Qatar or something - the bastard!

Got unlucky with Oviedo too after getting that bad injury when it looked like he had nailed down a starting spot.

He should hold his 90 at Sampdoria if he stays there but you never know! Even after his drop to 90 last season, he was unreal for me. Only the 1 assist in 3 games this season and no goals so maybe Division 3/4 is his niche.

Hit me up on some offers lads! Will only trade for another striker but would have to be 89+

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

My sub goalie Freitus fabiano playing in the champions league last night, surely due a rise from 87.....Picked him up for 9mil a few months ago...Bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

My sub goalie Freitus fabiano playing in the champions league last night, surely due a rise from 87.....Picked him up for 9mil a few months ago...Bargain.

Name of the game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Does anyone want my cash. Have 40m to throw at someone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

eh i dunno wrote:
    Does anyone want my cash. Have 40m to throw at someone
    Don't have any decent players to offer you but I'll take some of that cash no problem ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Breel Embolo of FC Basel in real life and only turned 18, up to 83 today nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

mackeire wrote: »
    Don't have any decent players to offer you but I'll take some of that cash no problem ;)

Don't be so harsh on yourself, I think your doing a cracking job!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Don't be so harsh on yourself, I think your doing a cracking job!
    Never said I wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

mackeire wrote: »
    Never said I wasn't

Neither did I

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

What time would results be expected to come in? Kinda assumed they'd be automatically generated at 8.

Derp, just in. And I lost :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

First win of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,141 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Lord TSC wrote: »
    First win of the season!

Still looking for mine,

Heading back to Div 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Hammered anzhi 4-0. nani with a brace

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

3rd season syndrome. I have gone from winning the league twice in a row to having the worst form across four divisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gerp99 wrote: »
    3rd season syndrome. I have gone from winning the league twice in a row to having the worst form across four divisions.

Don't tell me I actually won??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Don't tell me I actually won??

Smashed me 3-0. Either I have instantly become crap or the game has decided I have won enough :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement