Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Meanwhile, is everyone just going to quote Kane to me whenever I inquire about a player ¬_¬

May sell him like I did Bale just so I can actually not have that hanging over my head.

Joke, he's going nowhere, stop asking :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

well what do ya know.......

CBq2-hMWIAEEh2U.jpg

not the 89 i was expecting but 88's close enough, need dunga now to give anderson some long overdue caps and he'll possibly get a move to one of the clubs chasing him in the summer, that would be lovey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

swoody wrote: »
    well what do ya know.......

CBq2-hMWIAEEh2U.jpg

not the 89 i was expecting but 88's close enough, need dunga now to give anderson some long overdue caps and he'll possibly get a move to one of the clubs chasing him in the summer, that would be lovey

Robbed.... Utterly robbed IMO... Best player in serie a by a mile, should have got 89

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

cheers lads

Best Panathanikos 2-1 to claim Viviani as a Lazio player!

But, due to lack of funds and being strong in that area already I release my claim on him!

If nothing else it made games a little more interesting around here Panathanikos!

Best of luck for the season mate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

But, due to lack of funds and being strong in that area already I release my claim on him!

If nothing else it made games a little more interesting around here Panathanikos!

Fair play!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Congrats, i'm happy enough to have gotten a draw from 1 game. He's still transfer banned til may so the option will still be there for you. I enjoyed the extra games a lot and gave me extra to think about. Hope the extra games might knock the rust out of your team and see them start to shoot up the table;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Meanwhile, is everyone just going to quote Kane to me whenever I inquire about a player ¬_¬

May sell him like I did Bale just so I can actually not have that hanging over my head.

Joke, he's going nowhere, stop asking :pac:

I only added him to my counter to make it more palatable for me :p

Congrats, i'm happy enough to have gotten a draw from 1 game. He's still transfer banned til may so the option will still be there for you. I enjoyed the extra games a lot and gave me extra to think about. Hope the extra games might knock the rust out of your team and see them start to shoot up the table;)

Hopefully man!

I wouldn't encourage others that are participating in this to do the same as me, I had it in my mind day one not to take him but didn't say it cause I didn't want the whole thing to loose it's value.. if your going ahead with it I would encourage others to follow through with the pre-agreed deals...

Anyhow best of luck for the season bud!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Still getting the hand of this game, clearly shown in my 4-0 loss to Aston Villa :o

Love the rating concept of the players.

• Advertisement

richieffff wrote: »
    Still getting the hand of this game, clearly shown in my 4-0 loss to Aston Villa :o

Love the rating concept of the players.

It is a good game! A lot of us here since day 1 aswell! The addiction grows! Ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Hey guys, I'm the new Portsmouth manager. I appreciate all the PM's giving solid advice and politely telling me an offer won't be accepted, starting to get a hold of the game. It seems almost impossible to get a 89+ rated player which now makes more sense as I sold one to Sunderland's Eireann Bear. It's kinda bad form from him alright. Anyway, I'm gonna give this Soccermanager business a go for the next while and see if I can get good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Hey guys, I'm the new Portsmouth manager. I appreciate all the PM's giving solid advice and politely telling me an offer won't be accepted, starting to get a hold of the game. It seems almost impossible to get a 89+ rated player which now makes more sense as I sold one to Sunderland's Eireann Bear. It's kinda bad form from him alright. Anyway, I'm gonna give this Soccermanager business a go for the next while and see if I can get good.

Stick at it lad and it will turn for ya. There are some 88 rated players at externals that can be found easily enough with the player search tool. Speculating so to speak on lower to mid 80s players going well in real life is also a good option. Just takes some research!
    The loan market should also be looked at, some good young 86 rated players at the bigger clubs would be available and could get rises between now and august while you have them.
    Don't be afraid to ask for advice both here and through SM chat, loads of sound lads will help you out and everyone had to start somewhere!

Best of luck!!

As comic book guy said were all here too help just ask. If your stuck for a certain player ask here too lads are normally quick too help any way they can ha ha!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It seems almost impossible to get a 89+ rated player

I actually was meaning to send you a PM, cause I feel guilty swatting away your offers. But I've said on here, the 90 rated players I have up is more looking for straight swaps for other 90 players, as opposed to youths or squad players :(

If there's any player you can take on loan (the chairman system can be a bit hit and miss), I'll loan it in a heartbeat, but as far as my first team goes, I really need other first team players to replace them. Sorry :(

(I'm Spurs btw).

EDIT: On a more general note, it's coming that time where I'm also reluctant to move along a few 87s and 88s; the likes of Kane, Bolassie, Classie, Dragovic, Jay Rodriguez, Mane and Cresswell are all linked to varying degrees with big clubs, and I'm reluctant to move some of them in case they do get big moves :P Loans are grand, but transfers would want to be very good. It's coming time that my youths are nearly ready to break into first team action :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Best of luck pal, hope it goes well for ya.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    It is a good game! A lot of us here since day 1 aswell! The addiction grows! Ha ha

I've already found myself Googling random free agents to see if there is any hope of them improving

I've already found myself Googling random free agents to see if there is any hope of them improving

If my chairman will loan any of my first team players your welcome too them have them on loan if you want them

If my chairman will loan any of my first team players your welcome too them have them on loan if you want them

I'll go have a browse, I'm a bit light on quality up front

I'll go have a browse, I'm a bit light on quality up front

I'm dortmund

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Happy with this, might only be Argentina 3rd/4th place choice at the minute but I expect more soon enough.

Transfer MessageThe offer for Agustín MARCHESÍN of Santos Laguna from Paris Saint-Germain has been accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

All players available for loan at Barca too to the newer managers! :)

Al Capwned wrote: »
    All players available for loan at Barca too to the newer managers! :)

Inc Messi!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Inc Messi!!!!!
    hit messi
    said not allowed - worth a try

says not allowed for all of them :L

(is there a max amount of loans a club can have)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I actually was meaning to send you a PM, cause I feel guilty swatting away your offers. But I've said on here, the 90 rated players I have up is more looking for straight swaps for other 90 players, as opposed to youths or squad players :(

If there's any player you can take on loan (the chairman system can be a bit hit and miss), I'll loan it in a heartbeat, but as far as my first team goes, I really need other first team players to replace them. Sorry :(

(I'm Spurs btw).

EDIT: On a more general note, it's coming that time where I'm also reluctant to move along a few 87s and 88s; the likes of Kane, Bolassie, Classie, Dragovic, Jay Rodriguez, Mane and Cresswell are all linked to varying degrees with big clubs, and I'm reluctant to move some of them in case they do get big moves :P Loans are grand, but transfers would want to be very good. It's coming time that my youths are nearly ready to break into first team action :P
    Is their a clause in Kane transfers for when he does an Andy Carroll.:P
    Money back guarantee anyone.:D

bpb101 wrote: »
    hit messi
    said not allowed - worth a try

says not allowed for all of them :L

(is there a max amount of loans a club can have)

If you try felas 89 or lower you'll have more luck

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Who here is the manager of Marseille? Playing ye tonight should be a good game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Nabil FEKIR,got a bunch of pm's back when he rose to 88,was away at the time so didn't have time for dealings.
    Anyway I'm unlikely to sell but if those that pm'd orginally want to make some offers now then I'll have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

not just for newbies but if anyone fancies a loan hit me up...

(these are the highest rated players i can offer)
    e7e6a973b9a9a62348d2cf3fc1a3490a.png

6466418_orig.jpg

• Advertisement

Nice win 2-0 down at the break at home and come back to win.

Paris Saint-Germain beat AS Roma 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Mandžukić scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Gameiro and Ménez were also amongst the goalscorers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement