Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

JamboMac wrote: »
    Di Maria at Madrid, the Chelsea team is designed with a very boring tactic of everybody defend bar hazard who gets to float about.

The only players as a united fan that I'd take is courtois, hazard and fabregas. You take fabregas out of Chelsea and their won't be much penetration. Do you watch French football every week I don't but from what I've seen of pastore wouldn't rate him lower than hazard.

French football is hardly a worthy comparison, after first 10 games this season everyone was singing chelsea praises, attacking flair.

Truth is the chelsea team are designed to win, trophies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Wouldn't call my opinion a losing battle, Belgian players got overhyped a couple of seasons ago just like the English do and most haven't lived up to it. Not trying to convert people, but trying to liven up this thread.

phobia2011 wrote: »
    French football is hardly a worthy comparison, after first 10 games this season everyone was singing chelsea praises, attacking flair.

Truth is the chelsea team are designed to win, trophies.

My brother in law who is a Chelsea once claimed that they play tiki taka, Jose mourinho thinks we call them boring coz of them being top of the league for the season. The start of the season they relied on the Easter Island head himself Diego Costa, it's all well and good playing football against terrible teams and then park the bus against your rivals.

Chelsea don't play tiki taka, they play dull football like Moyes had Utd playing. I would rather lose attacking then win like Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

My brother in law who is a Chelsea once claimed that they play tiki taka, Jose mourinho thinks we call them boring coz of them being top of the league for the season. The start of the season they relied on the Easter Island head himself Diego Costa, it's all well and good playing football against terrible teams and then park the bus against your rivals.

Chelsea don't play tiki taka, they play dull football like Moyes had Utd playing. I would rather lose attacking then win like Chelsea.

stupidtroll.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

But I would say that is the perfect way to win a league, smash the ****e out of the small ones and stifle, frustrate and annoy the big ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Like now :p

Granted, if nick cotton played for anyone else and kept scoring I'd hate him too :)

swoody wrote: »
    stupidtroll.jpg

I like how you can troll with a jpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

JamboMac wrote:
    Jose mourinho must be thinking he's playing in this league after saying, Eden hazard will cost 200 million if Madrid want him. Hazard is good but pricing him like he's Messi, good luck with that.

Incorrect.....

What he actually said was, '200m + Ronaldo'

JamboMac wrote:
    The only players as a united fan that I'd take is courtois, hazard and fabregas. You take fabregas out of Chelsea and their won't be much penetration. Do you watch French football every week I don't but from what I've seen of pastore wouldn't rate him lower than hazard.

You'd take Courtois even though we have De Gea and ignore Matic who would easily be our best midfielder and a proper box to box player the exact type of player we have been missing for years?

Hazard, Matic and Azpi would be the 3 players that would instantly turn us into a contender again. We have competition for Cesc's position and certainly on goal too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

As a newcastle fan .... I'd take abramovic from chelsea :p

• Advertisement

Good call!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Agazzi - 88 rated GK available for cash

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

2 nil win v shakter and a new club record of 5 wins on the bounce

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Ouch!

FC Porto slumped to a 4 - 1 defeat against Atlético Madrid in their Division 1 fixture.
    Nainggolan was on the scoresheet for his side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lost 3-1 too modo's Everton! Disgusted as I play for a team called Everton in real life!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lost 3-1 too modo's Everton! Disgusted as I play for a team called Everton in real life!!

You mean as a Mod, your officially confirming modo has multiple accounts with Cruzeiro and Everton :eek:

No wonder you can swan off to Florida modo with two paychecks you heure :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

SSC Napoli beat Manchester City 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Insigne scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Aurier was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Finally a win! Although Thiago managed to get injured and sent off..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

4-3 win against lazio, hattrick from ilicic! Crazy stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Ajax beat Chelsea 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Hahn and Soldado were amongst the goalscorers

Made a decent start to the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

my unbeaten run continues in division 4 with a 2-0 win over marseille

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Panathinaikos beat ACF Fiorentina 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Lemoine scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Athanasiadis was also on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Had only conceded 2 goals in our first 6 league games but imploded tonight as we went down 3 0 to Shanghai.
    Mixed bag first 7 games with Malaga........

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thisyear

my unbeaten run continues in division 4 with a 2-0 win over marseille

Their keeper plays a blinder and two poxy goals wins the game..... Ah no well done lad, some run ur on!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Lost 3 - 0 to Basel. Had 9 shots, 9 on target and didn't score. He had 9 shots, 4 on target and scored 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

:(

231fbace00dea42f99a6d853ba754637.gif

Since the season is utterly gone to pot!

decided to entertain myself in other ways (relax Swoody!!!!!!)

I've a few players I want to sell on, decent ones due rises.... So after every game I'll post up a name and if I get an offer good enough before the next game I'll sell....

Offers can be for youth prospects or....

wait for it...

sit down first......

here it is........

CASH!

First up, BOILESEN, Nicolai pretty much the starting fullback for Ajax these days and a full international, Ajax captain too a few times this season....

Offer away, if something catches my eye before the next game I'll sell up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Good to see almost all the promoted teams in all divisions doing pretty well! All in the top half or not far off the top 10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

We beat Juve.

Result.

Boilesen sold quicker than I thought so with that in mind next player up is...

LIGEON, Ruben - Ajax on loan at NAC, played every game since he joined them. Decent prospect and not asking mad money...

Will listen to offers on him until after the next league game

Again, will do CASH! OMG!!!

• Advertisement

The offer for Fernández NACHO of SS Lazio from AC Milan has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Another one gone for...... CASH

More names on the list lads, throw in some offers!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement