Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Manchester City beat Paris Saint-Germain 4 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    De Rossi scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Higuaín and Jovetić were also amongst the goalscorers.

And with that I have doubled my points tally. Praise Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

i've only gone and won a game and out of the bottom 3 :)

2tOk3w.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Decent win over Napoli, Icardi off the bench with 2

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thisyear

Finally a win for the mighty Marseille!!!! Away from home and off the bottom....until Sunday no doubt...

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Real Madrid beat Tottenham Hotspur 5 - 2 in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.
    Touré scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Di María and Rooney were also amongst the goalscorers.

Good win although it was much closer than the score line suggests.

• Advertisement

lads where are soccermanager in relation to club rises/falls?

at a guess i'd say poland cause i had a riser today but it's been quite random as well...

e258178f37d0c6e09831bff5f599857b.png

anyone know?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

swoody wrote: »

at a guess i'd say poland cause i had a riser today but it's been quite random as well...

League Ranking table

anyone know?

What dark, dirty, and gloomy corner of SM did you pull that out of? :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Wilberto wrote: »
    What dark, dirty, and gloomy corner of SM did you pull that out of? :D :pac:

And is there one with the Brazilian league on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Well done GT.... Outplayed me, no complaints, even if you only scored in the 88th minute just to punish me! :D:D

Must have been a bruising encounter - 3 sent off.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Beşiktaş JK slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against Girondins Bordeaux in their Division 4 fixture.
    Their goalie got man of the match... Enough said...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Well done GT.... Outplayed me, no complaints, even if you only scored in the 88th minute just to punish me! :D:D

Must have been a bruising encounter - 3 sent off.

And a couple of injuries .... next time I'll have to whisper the aul 'Take no prisoners out there' rally cry, I think your lads heard it too :eek:

nice one the nfl draft is on, looks like i'm staying up for a while so better get the popcorn out..... :)

c9d7fa6702f09a2c4c25883c4e3e2a80.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

swoody wrote: »

e258178f37d0c6e09831bff5f599857b.png

anyone know?

Dunno how accurate that is. They did Czech Republic recently and they're doing Poland now

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

1 - 0 win over Athletic Club with my keeper taking MOTM, no sweat :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

So how are all the new managers getting on lads? What's yer win lose records like? Ow ye finding the game overall? Pro's & con's?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    So how are all the new managers getting on lads? What's yer win lose records like? Ow ye finding the game overall? Pro's & con's?

I've won 2, lost 3 and drew my shield game before losing on penalties. So a fairly unspectacular start, but not a disaster.

Haven't really done anything in the transfer market. Partly down to caution, partly down to being very busy with stuff the last 2 weeks so not really researching things. Will try and delve into it in the next week or so.

My main problem with the game is a lack of strengths/weaknesses for individual players, just going by an overall rating for each player is a little boring. Adding basic stats ala football manager would add a lot, but probably beyond the scope of the game.

This may just be by chance but i think certain players perform well regardless of not knowing their stats. Take Eto'o for instance. Banging in the goals in every division while other 90/91 rated players wouldn't be as prolific.

Now take a player I just looked up to see how he was doing, Diego Tardelli. Got a rise to 88 last year so I bought him from an external. Very rarely used him but he ended the season with 5 goals and 5 assists in 8 games. Sold him for cash to Liege this season and he has 3 goals and 2 assists in 6 games. Other 88 or even 89 rated players I've had haven't done anything while i've had them!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My main problem with the game is a lack of strengths/weaknesses for individual players, just going by an overall rating for each player is a little boring. Adding basic stats ala football manager would add a lot, but probably beyond the scope of the game.

As far as I know, you can click the Soccer Wiki link on a player profile to see more details, including the strengths and weaknesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Do those stats count for anything in the game?

Nothing to indicate that they do. Some players don't have anything listed there as well.

Didn't someone say one of their defenders had saving penalties as a strength? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Let's be honest none of the tactics seem to count, you could set up the worst tactic with a ****ty team and beat Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

JamboMac wrote: »
    Let's be honest none of the tactics seem to count, you could set up the worst tactic with a ****ty team and beat Madrid.

Hey:mad::pac:

Borussia Dortmund beat Arsenal 4 - 2 in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.
    Götze scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Falcao and Schieber were also amongst the goalscorers.

Big Result for me. Hopefully time too climb the table table now!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Ireland beat Israel 2 - 1 in their SMFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 4 fixture.
    Keane had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Hoolahan was on the scoresheet for his side.

A very good performance by all and sundry, apart from Shane Long, who is now dropped for the trip to Saudi Arabia and will be replaced by Jonathon Walters.

Just picking up a few stars in League Two who could be looking at a move to a bigger club, and with it a ratings increase for a bit of profit.....hopefully!
    Curtis NELSON has completed his move to Estudiantes de LP from Plymouth Argyle for 570,000
    Tom NICHOLS has completed his move to Estudiantes de LP from Exeter City for 360,000
    Ryan JACKSON has completed his move to Estudiantes de LP from Newport County for 10,000
    Jack REDSHAW has completed his move to Estudiantes de LP from Morecambe for 300,000

:D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

With Marseille withdrawing their bid (not sure why) looks like Oscar Duarte is Portugal bound.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    With Marseille withdrawing their bid (not sure why) looks like Oscar Duarte is Portugal bound.

My first thought was why was he trading in callum Wilson who has 20 goals for premiership bound Bournemouth so maybe someone advised him to keep Wilson

Wilberto wrote: »
    Just picking up a few stars in League Two who could be looking at a move to a bigger club, and with it a ratings increase for a bit of profit.....hopefully!

:D :pac:
    That's the name of the game bud!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

If my chairman wasn't an arse, he would be in Manchester long ago ;)

Very nice signing though. Heavily linked with a few Serie a teams

• Advertisement

Rio Ferdinand's wife passed.35 only. Shocking news

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement