Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Only signed in today since last week sometime - a bank holiday weekend that shall assume legendary status in the Capwned household done for my Barcelona team though.

Team of ressies out tonight - hope they can do the business for me.

game

n. an activity that one engages in for amusement.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Like previously stated, from my point of view there was nothing personal in it, I can't speak for Cruzerio..

I merely pointed out a manager made a player globally available to the GW and then backtracked offering poor reasoning for doing so..

It may be benifitial for managers considering doing future deals with said manager....

Why do you continue to imply it's something personal when I've stated it's not from my side?

Ok, fine. You have made the point.

Now let's please move on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ok, fine. You have made the point.

Now let's please move on.....

Im only replying to the non bold typing ... :p

#daredevil!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Our TV hasn't been working and the OH was missing her soaps - I told her to sit down and read this thread instead....she loved it!!

• Advertisement

Hi Mrs. Poirot.

Remember me? ;) x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Morata against his old club! Awww yeah!

But whatever about that, the Rome derby is where it's at tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Hi Mrs. Poirot.

Remember me? ;) x

Her exact words:

"Yeah, I remember Ol' One-Inch"

:cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

2-1 win against Everton in the cup tonight. Probably furthest I've ever got in the cup!

SS Lazio slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against AS Roma in their The Boards.ie League Cup Round 2 fixture.

The kids just came up short against a good Roma outfit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Reserves beat Marseille 2-1

pfew ... forgot to change my team, first teamers snook through

FC Porto outclassed Valencia CF and beat them 1 - 0 in their The Boards.ie League Cup Round 2 fixture.
    Zieler had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Torres was on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Fooked my team fitness up, didn't get a minute to change my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    pfew ... forgot to change my team, first teamers snook through

Pfew?

I'm pissed as my team is destroyed. A few players that will take a few games to recover from NMF. I'm glad I lost. I won't have to worry about it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Internazionale outclassed Barcelona and beat them 4 - 0 in their The Boards.ie League Cup Round 2 fixture.
    Osvaldo scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Adrián and Schelotto were also amongst the goalscorers.

Only my goalie has started a league match from the team tonight, very happy with the result even tho it was a barca reserve team.

tonic wine wrote: »
    Pfew?

I'm pissed as my team is destroyed. A few players that will take a few games to recover from NMF. I'm glad I lost. I won't have to worry about it again.

I like getting through a few rounds when I'm playing my second string , gives me an idea how they are getting on ... I'd rather not play my firsties tho

Second string do me proud with a 2-0 win over Panathinikos. Walters with a goal in his debut, and Ibraro fighting for his future at Spurs with a goal too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If everyone pointed out every manager they have problems dealing with, this thread would be a train wreck. We get it, some manager doesn't want to deal with you. Rather than trying to tank the topic, move on and build relationships with managers who will.

Moving on then....

Transfer windows opening soon. What's everyone hoping for this summer? Have Creswell who seems to be getting lined up for a Chelsea move, which would be fantastic for his rating :P

The main boys I'm looking forward to following over the transfer window are the Brazilians in my squad

Nathan - looks nailed on to sign for Chelsea

Gerson - with juventus and barca both making offers and Chelsea, city and utd showing interest Nathan's team mate will be another to keep an eye on

Andreas periera - not getting much game at Utd and with psg showing interest maybe he might leave for France

Barbosa - the beast gabigoal has being breaking records since Neymar left Brazil and this lad is one to follow closely

Robert Kennedy - has being linked to many top club after also starting for the underage Brazilian national teams

modo85 wrote: »
    The main boys I'm looking forward to following over the transfer window are the Brazilians in my squad

Gerson - with juventus and barca both making offers and Chelsea, city and utd showing interest Nathan's team mate will be another to keep an eye on

Andreas periera - not getting much game at Utd and with psg showing interest maybe he might leave for France

Barbosa - the beast gabigoal has being breaking records since Neymar left Brazil and this lad is one to follow closely

Robert Kennedy - has being linked to many top club after also starting for the underage Brazilian national teams

Andreas periera just re-signed at united

Transfer Window Hopes ...

Hoping some of my Belgian based players get big moves

RYAN, Mathew -- few links away from Brugge

MEUNIER, Thomas -- Some big German teams looking at him

IZQUIERDO, José -- might need another season in the Belgian League to warrant a move

DUARTE, Óscar -- Italy Calling?

TIELEMANS, Youri -- Inter, Juve, Dortmund, ... god knows where he'll end up

VANAKEN, Hans -- Strong interest from Anderlecht

English based players:

BENTEKE, Christian -- Should get himself a big move in the summer

Newcastle pair CAMPBELL, Adam and AARONS, Rolando might get some gametime in the championship if we go down and 3/4 of the squad leave.

Other:

WIMMER, Kevin -- Spurs bound?

NAINGGOLAN, Radja -- Rumours he might go to Juve to replace Pogba or Vidal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

SS Lazio slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against AS Roma in their The Boards.ie League Cup Round 2 fixture.

The kids just came up short against a good Roma outfit!

Good game in the Rome derby tonight, had my strongest second string team out (which when looking back at it was pretty strong actually) as a mark of respect for my cross city rivals...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Transfer window hopes: Douglas Costa and Fabian Schar to get big league moves (in real life that is!).

Andreas periera just re-signed at united

Hmmm don't know weather this is good or bad news, hopefully he gets some game time next year

Hmmm don't know weather this is good or bad news, hopefully he gets some game time next year

Word is he will likely be loaned out, with PSV being discussed.

Question .... and this is only partially coz i'm Belgian ...

Is the current generation of Belgian players starting to have an air of the dutch players of the late 80's / early 90s about them?

A lot of big teams in those days had one or more dutch players in their teams...

Gullit, Rijkaard and Van Basten @ Milan
    R. Koeman @ Barca, later there was Reiziger, Overmars, the De Boers, Kluivert,...
    Seedorf @ Madrid and Milan,
    Davids at Juve
    Jonk and Bergkamp at inter and DB later at Arsenal....

Even more recently Sneider, Robben and Huntelaar at Madrid, stam at United, VanPersie at Arsenal/united, van der sar at Juve and United

a good few teams in Europe are starting to add some Belgians to their repertoire ...

Hazard and Courtois @ Chelsea
    Witsel @ Zenit
    Niangolan @ Roma
    Verthongen, Chadli and Dembele @ Spurs
    DeBruyne @ Wolfsburg
    Vermaelen @ Barca (Hahahahah :))
    Migniolet @ Liverpool
    Kompany @ City
    Fellani @ United
    Benteke @ Villa -- soon to be gone from Villa
    Lukaku, Miralles @ Everton
    Mertens @ Napoli
    Alderweireld @ Southampton, rumour to be going back to Atletico next season

Some of the more exiting talent around Europe:
    Tielemans, Praet, Origi, Batshouya, T. Hazard, Denayer, Ferreira Carrasco, Januzaj, Bakalli ( if he can get his sh!t together) ...

PS: as I was typing this up I realised the Dutch names are fare superior BUT ... the question is

Is the current generation of Belgian players starting to have an air of the dutch players of the late 80's / early 90s about them?

Oh this made me LOL!!! :D:D:D:D:D

tommycahir wrote: »
    Good game in the Rome derby tonight, had my strongest second string team out (which when looking back at it was pretty strong actually) as a mark of respect for my cross city rivals...

That was a pretty damn strong 2nd team!!! Good squad mate :eek:

Oh this made me LOL!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Why is that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Question .... and this is only partially coz i'm Belgian ...

A lot of big teams in those days had one or more dutch players in their teams...

Gullit, Rijkaard and Van Basten @ Milan
    R. Koeman @ Barca, later there was Reiziger, Overmars, the De Boers, Kluivert,...
    Seedorf @ Madrid and Milan,
    Davids at Juve
    Jonk and Bergkamp at inter and DB later at Arsenal....

Even more recently Sneider, Robben and Huntelaar at Madrid, stam at United, VanPersie at Arsenal/united, van der sar at Juve and United

a good few teams in Europe are starting to add some Belgians to their repertoire ...

Hazard and Courtois @ Chelsea
    Witsel @ Zenit
    Niangolan @ Roma
    Verthongen, Chadli and Dembele @ Spurs
    DeBruyne @ Wolfsburg
    Vermaelen @ Barca (Hahahahah :))
    Migniolet @ Liverpool
    Kompany @ City
    Fellani @ United
    Benteke @ Villa -- soon to be gone from Villa
    Lukaku, Miralles @ Everton
    Mertens @ Napoli
    Alderweireld @ Southampton, rumour to be going back to Atletico next season

Some of the more exiting talent around Europe:
    Tielemans, Praet, Origi, Batshouya, T. Hazard, Denayer, Ferreira Carrasco, Januzaj, Bakalli ( if he can get his sh!t together) ...

PS: as I was typing this up I realised the Dutch names are fare superior BUT ... the question is

Didn't that Dutch team win something though!!!

• Advertisement

Didn't that Dutch team win something though!!!

Give it time ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement