Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Question .... and this is only partially coz i'm Belgian ...

Is the current generation of Belgian players starting to have an air of the dutch players of the late 80's / early 90s about them?

A lot of big teams in those days had one or more dutch players in their teams...

Gullit, Rijkaard and Van Basten @ Milan
    R. Koeman @ Barca, later there was Reiziger, Overmars, the De Boers, Kluivert,...
    Seedorf @ Madrid and Milan,
    Davids at Juve
    Jonk and Bergkamp at inter and DB later at Arsenal....

Even more recently Sneider, Robben and Huntelaar at Madrid, stam at United, VanPersie at Arsenal/united, van der sar at Juve and United

a good few teams in Europe are starting to add some Belgians to their repertoire ...

Hazard and Courtois @ Chelsea
    Witsel @ Zenit
    Niangolan @ Roma
    Verthongen, Chadli and Dembele @ Spurs
    DeBruyne @ Wolfsburg
    Vermaelen @ Barca (Hahahahah :))
    Migniolet @ Liverpool
    Kompany @ City
    Fellani @ United
    Benteke @ Villa -- soon to be gone from Villa
    Lukaku, Miralles @ Everton
    Mertens @ Napoli
    Alderweireld @ Southampton, rumour to be going back to Atletico next season

Some of the more exiting talent around Europe:
    Tielemans, Praet, Origi, Batshouya, T. Hazard, Denayer, Ferreira Carrasco, Januzaj, Bakalli ( if he can get his sh!t together) ...

PS: as I was typing this up I realised the Dutch names are fare superior BUT ... the question is

Is the current generation of Belgian players starting to have an air of the dutch players of the late 80's / early 90s about them?

Very much so mate, I only said to a friend that Ireland need to look at the Belgian NT model if they want to actually progress the NT, Its no coincidence that all of these talents have emerged at once...

Time will tell if this is 'just' a golden generation or the more likely this is just the beginning of the conveyor belt of talent, for me its all down to coaching at a very very young age, something that we in this country need to get on top of quickly before we are left even further behind!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Word is he will likely be loaned out, with PSV being discussed.

Talk is that januzaj is being loaned to psv if depay goes to utd, do you think utd will loan both to psv

modo85 wrote: »
    Why is that ?

Exactly! ;)

Question .... and this is only partially coz i'm Belgian ...

A lot of big teams in those days had one or more dutch players in their teams...

Gullit, Rijkaard and Van Basten @ Milan
    R. Koeman @ Barca, later there was Reiziger, Overmars, the De Boers, Kluivert,...
    Seedorf @ Madrid and Milan,
    Davids at Juve
    Jonk and Bergkamp at inter and DB later at Arsenal....

Even more recently Sneider, Robben and Huntelaar at Madrid, stam at United, VanPersie at Arsenal/united, van der sar at Juve and United

a good few teams in Europe are starting to add some Belgians to their repertoire ...

Hazard and Courtois @ Chelsea
    Witsel @ Zenit
    Niangolan @ Roma
    Verthongen, Chadli and Dembele @ Spurs
    DeBruyne @ Wolfsburg
    Vermaelen @ Barca (Hahahahah :))
    Migniolet @ Liverpool
    Kompany @ City
    Fellani @ United
    Benteke @ Villa -- soon to be gone from Villa
    Lukaku, Miralles @ Everton
    Mertens @ Napoli
    Alderweireld @ Southampton, rumour to be going back to Atletico next season

Some of the more exiting talent around Europe:
    Tielemans, Praet, Origi, Batshouya, T. Hazard, Denayer, Ferreira Carrasco, Januzaj, Bakalli ( if he can get his sh!t together) ...

PS: as I was typing this up I realised the Dutch names are fare superior BUT ... the question is

I get what your saying but I would more liken them to a French side purely because of the immigration issue. I feel the many reason these talented crop are emerging is down to the big immigration of the 50s and 60s in Belgium. a quarter of Belgians have immigration backgrounds and most of the Belgian national team does aswell so basically I think they have gain talented Africans,Eastern europeans through this recruitment of the 50s /60s and the idea of Belgium having a far superior youth training system is a bit much

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I get what your saying but I would more liken them to a French side purely because of the immigration issue. I feel the many reason these talented crop are emerging is down to the big immigration of the 50s and 60s in Belgium. a quarter of Belgians have immigration backgrounds and most of the Belgian national team does aswell so basically I think they have gain talented Africans,Eastern europeans through this recruitment of the 50s /60s and the idea of Belgium having a far superior youth training system is a bit much

I get what your saying but .... seedorf, davids,....

The Belgian Football federation did change its policy after the 2000 Euro's tho , they decided they wanted the football played at all levels to be possession and skill based rather than lumping a ball around. So at all levels the started putting a big emphasis on technique training. The likes of Hazard, DeBruyne, Praet and Tielemans are products of this change in mentality

• Advertisement

The Belgian Football federation did change its policy after the 2000 Euro's tho , they decided they wanted the football played at all levels to be possession and skill based rather than lumping a ball around. So at all levels the started putting a big emphasis on technique training. The likes of Hazard, DeBruyne, Praet and Tielemans are products of this change in mentality

As I suggested earlier, youth training system...... :rolleyes:

Yes but 50%+ of both the French and Belgian squads would be sons of immigrants.
    I know Im kind of getting off your point of the top Holland national teams players playing at top Europeans sides and the Belgian national players are following suit.
    I just feel that the Belgian national team are similar to the French

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hamburg manager, for reasons outside his control will be stepping down lads so they'll be up for grabs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Paco Alcacer can now play AMC, very handy allows me more flexible formations now especially if I only play one up front, I can play him and Immobile now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Well done Inter - handed me my ass last night! :)
    Her exact words:

"Yeah, I remember Ol' One-Inch"

:cool::cool:

Yeah, but it's my one-inch, and i don't mind disappointing any man's missus.

Or something.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Kostas MITROGLOU has completed his move to Estudiantes de LP from Fulham for 7,480,000 plus Leonardo GIL and Matías SARULYTE . All other offers were turned down.

Hopefully this signing will give Nolan Roux (the useless bollox!) some much needed competition in the goal scoring department. It's the one area we are truly lacking.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

****. Cup team played by mistake.

Still, got a draw, which means they've got one more point than the first team have got in their last 3 games:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Draw away to Liverpool ends my 7 match winning run but undefeated in 8

Lord TSC wrote: »
    ****. Cup team played by mistake.

Still, got a draw, which means they've got one more point than the first team have got in their last 3 games:mad:

My partial first 11/ cup teamers did ok for themselves ...

The match ended 1 - 1 between FC Porto and Tottenham Hotspur in their Division 1 fixture.
    Shaqiri was on the scoresheet for his side.

London is a pricey spot tho .... lost 600k on that away game :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Good home win over Ajax

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Panathinaikos outclassed Vélez Sársfield and beat them 3 - 2 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Athanasiadis had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Ryazantsev, Gálvez and Lemoine were amongst the goalscorers.

Tipping along nicely so far

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I didn't realise there was a cup game during the week, so my first team were wrecked. A half n half team scrapped a 1-1 with Anzi though.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Same as myself except I had to play a whole second string team and got a thumping from sunderland :(

Beat Napoli 1-0

Schiber again!! Thank god I didn't sell him, moves me 12th on 12 points!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

To all the managers who gave out when I said I wasn't selling any of my Everton players, I have prepared a short statement.

" We are top of the league, we are top of the league."

( I might as well enjoy it while I can!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

If the table was turned upside down i would be top...That is the only positive thing i can say about this season.

Guys,

Is the SM site very slow tonight?

Guys,

Yup

unkymo wrote: »
    To all the managers who gave out when I said I wasn't selling any of my Everton players, I have prepared a short statement.

" We are top of the league, we are top of the league."

( I might as well enjoy it while I can!)
    Fair play too you bud!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Second consecutive 2 all draw, this one a frustrating one against table toppers Palmeiras. We drop down to 9th :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Massive 5-2 win away go Zenit to put Udinese into 3rd, 4 off top. Not too xabi!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

First team lose in the cup and second string win in the league...I'll take that I suppose.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Estudiantes de LP beat ACF Fiorentina 3 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Traoré had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Mitroglou and Ki were amongst the goalscorers.

Was Kostas Mitroglou really the final piece in the puzzle? With a brace on his debut it certainly looks like he wants to be exactly that. :D

That said, Fiorentina are rock bottom and are already 5 points from safety.

Guys,

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Yup

I predict lots of GWs will be off-line tomorrow for 'maintenance' followed by an announcement of a 'game update'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

I didn't realise there was a cup game during the week, so my first team were wrecked. A half n half team scrapped a 1-1 with Anzi though.

Half of my starters were shattered from the cup so I had to test them, worked out well for the two of us

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement