Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Oh now i might be interested in this lad?
    What would need to happen GT?

Had a look, not much in your squad in terms of a replacement DC, but fire in an offer there sure
    Mourinho wrote: »
    I've bid there :)
    Noted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Dunno about that lad, I've the ressies out again! Apart from de Gea, who is nailed on to get a +4 in the next England review, not sure if I mentioned that.

So you'll probably have 174 shots on target, and I'll win 1-0.

:eek: you did win 1-0

congrats mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

:eek: you did win 1-0

congrats mate.

ha yeah, your boy getting a red after 20 didnt help ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

OK after randomising the teams and like as early stated have first against last, second against second last, etc for an extra bit of spice we have the following fixtures:

1. Tottenham Hotspur vs Estudianties

2. FC Schalke 04 vs Athletic Club

3. Aston Villa vs Panathinaikos

4. Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

5. Real Madrid vs Sporting Lisbon

6. Anzhi vs Juventus

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

when are we starting this and is it a league or knockout?

• Advertisement

swoody wrote: »
    when are we starting this and is it a league or knockout?

Whoops sorry I have it envisioned as a knock out so it won't become a chore for lads.

As for fixtures I suppose we need to know when lads have all a friendly slot or else each two teams can arrange a night that suits play and post it up here as each game gets played let me know which ye prefer I assume just playing each game when it suits as its easier than trying to fix one night where everyone is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

OK after randomising the teams and like as early stated have first against last, second against second last, etc for an extra bit of spice we have the following fixtures:

6. Anzhi vs Juventus

:)

Bah..Whoever wins this knows i am the real champ!...:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

So are there any restrictions on the players you can pick? max rating, max age, etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

So are there any restrictions on the players you can pick? max rating, max age, etc?

I'm thinking it should be anyone you can put in your youth squad?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I'm thinking it should be anyone you can put in your youth squad?

Sounds good, I was going to say only 90's and below but there's nobody under 21 in the game above 90.

• Advertisement

Glad I'm not in it so ..., I would have thought there'd be like a max rating of 83-84, ie. people would be forced to play players that dont get near the first team.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Glad I'm not in it so ..., I would have thought there'd be like a max rating of 83-84, ie. people would be forced to play players that dont get near the first team.

Prelim team is averaged at 82 so not exactly superstars I'll be playing anyway.

Capture.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I...uh...actually thought I had more decent rated u21s, but apparently there's quite a few of my u21s who are in fact 24 or older :pac:

I also have one or two 22 year olds in my u21 squad.

But when sticking with 21 and younger players, my team rating is 82 (and Harry Kane is dragging that up....)

Meanwhile...

The offer for Robert GREEN of Queens Park Rangers from Tottenham Hotspur has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Despite age and lower rating, he's apparently on the cusp of a transfer to become Chelsea's new no2, so am surprised there wasn't much interest :o

I suggest age doesn't matter be it 21 or 22 once they can be placed in your youth squad away we go but if lads want too cap it at say 85's or under we can do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

23 and under and ratings 85 or lower?

The ratings thing is a bit of a bummer. I was happy to sign up to an u21s league and let Kane star :(

Would anyone else be interested in a Boards.ie League Youth Cup? :) A series of friendlies. You can only play players aged 21 or under :)

This is the original concept so I imagine Mourinho will want too stuck too this, perhaps next one can be a ratings cap

Under 21 and 3 players above 85?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Mourinho wrote:

Mourinho wrote:

Mourinho wrote:

Mourinho wrote:

Mourinho wrote:

Mourinho wrote:

Mourinho wrote:
    6. Anzhi vs Juventus

Looks like I came back from my holliers too late to win (sorry, meant enter) this!!!

This is the original concept so I imagine Mourinho will want too stuck too this, perhaps next one can be a ratings cap

Exactly. Its a youth cup so if they can't be in your youth team which is aged 21 or under then they can't play. We're not doing the the classic GAA tactic and playing some 30 year old and claiming he was held back a few years :pac:

Ratings is up to ye lads. I'm more than happy to cap at certain number if its something lads really want. However it may ruin the concept a bit tho if they are within age limits. I think I have only two high rates lads myself tho in Perin and Paco.

Also, let's say yesterday was registration so to speak, so anyone who has a 21 year old player that turns 22 from now until the tournament end is eligible to play.

• Advertisement

So is it too late to enter??

Exactly. Its a youth cup so if they can't be in your youth team which is aged 21 or under then they can't play. We're not doing the the classic GAA tactic and playing some 30 year old and claiming he was held back a few years :pac:

Ratings is up to ye lads. I'm more than happy to cap at certain number if its something lads really want. However it may ruin the concept a bit tho if they are within age limits. I think I have only two high rates lads myself tho in Perin and Paco.

Also, let's say yesterday was registration so to speak, so anyone who has a 21 year old player that turns 22 from now until the tournament end is eligible to play.

So there's lass hassle policing this shouldn't we just say ANY player in your youth squad? 21 or 22 years old? They won't be any older like?but I'll leave it upto you its your baby

So is it too late to enter??

Mourinho is sorting it so maybe ask him too put you on standby if someone can't play??

So there's lass hassle policing this shouldn't we just say ANY player in your youth squad? 21 or 22 years old? They won't be any older like?but I'll leave it upto you its your baby

I suppose what I mean is once a player turns 22 they go straight to the first team and can no longer be in the youth team. I just mean for example I play Paco who's 21 for the first couple of games (if I managed to win) and then he turns 22 technically he can't be in the youth team . I just wanted to cover lads so no one gets annoyed if a player turns 22! SM doesn't allow anyone 22 and up to be in the youth team I think.

I can leave Lazio as a backup if someone drops out and slot Tupac into whatever fixture.

Just decide if ye want a max ratings cap lads I'd say we don't need one but we only have a few lads so have your say!

I suppose what I mean is once a player turns 22 they go straight to the first team and can no longer be in the youth team. I just mean for example I play Paco who's 21 for the first couple of games (if I managed to win) and then he turns 22 technically he can't be in the youth team . I just wanted to cover lads so no one gets annoyed if a player turns 22! SM doesn't allow anyone 22 and up to be in the youth team I think.

I can leave Lazio as a backup if someone drops out and slot Tupac into whatever fixture.

Just decide if ye want a max ratings cap lads I'd say we don't need one but we only have a few lads so have your say!

I think he will stay in the youths till the end of the season no?

I suppose what I mean is once a player turns 22 they go straight to the first team and can no longer be in the youth team.

I have four 22 year olds in my youth squad (Pritchard, Wanitzek, Archer and Avenatti) :confused:

Seems that they were there when their age ticked up a year but it never moved them to the first team.

Watching the Bundealiga round up and they mentioned that Kehl is due to retire at the end of the season...

So it got me thinking.... Who else do people think may hang up the boots soon?

My guesses are:
    Carvalhio
    Di Natalie
    Totti
    Marquez
    Klose

Any others? I have a feeling that there will be one 'out of the blue' retirement too

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I have four 22 year olds in my youth squad (Pritchard, Wanitzek, Archer and Avenatti) :confused:

Seems that they were there when their age ticked up a year but it never moved them to the first team.

Can you try moving to the first team and back again please so we can confirm? If they can't go back I'd rather they not be used for the sake of what has been envisioned.

Watching the Bundealiga round up and they mentioned that Kehl is due to retire at the end of the season...

So it got me thinking.... Who else do people think may hang up the boots soon?

My guesses are:
    Carvalhio
    Di Natalie
    Totti
    Marquez
    Klose

Any others? I have a feeling that there will be one 'out of the blue' retirement too

Think im good. I believe 26/27 is the eldest i have

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I think he will stay in the youths till the end of the season no?

What do you mean as in if someone goes 22 they won't get bumped until a season is over? I'm not totally sure on how its works. I could have sworn Ziyech got out straight into my 1st team when he turned 22.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement