Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ipad air or Ipad air 2

• 08-12-2014 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy and Ipad but I'm not sure which one to get. I know I want the bigger screen so it's definitely the air. I'm s*** at computers so any help would be really appreciated.

Is there anything, other then the slight change in size, that sets these two apart. Or at least anything that would affect someone needing it for general use.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

The Air 2 is thinner, faster, lighter, and you'll probably get at least one extra year of software updates. Worth going for the Air 2 IMO.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Lau2976 wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy and Ipad but I'm not sure which one to get. I know I want the bigger screen so it's definitely the air. I'm s*** at computers so any help would be really appreciated.

Is there anything, other then the slight change in size, that sets these two apart. Or at least anything that would affect someone needing it for general use.
    Depends on price, if you can save -200 on the 1st air go for that, better bang for buck...otherwise air2 all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Also is 16gb enough for a regular user? Im not sure whether to go for that or the larger one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Also is 16gb enough for a regular user? Im not sure whether to go for that or the larger one.

I tend to think 16gb is pushing it a bit but its manageable, although its getting less and less manageable as updates and apps get bigger and bigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

I tend to think 16gb is pushing it a bit but its manageable, although its getting less and less manageable as updates and apps get bigger and bigger

Got an iPad air 32gb from Argos recently for €389 I think it's a happy medium at the price

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

soundsham wrote: »
    Got an iPad air 32gb from Argos recently for €389 I think it's a happy medium at the price

I was able to pick one up at that price too.. it was a real bargain, unfortunately even the 16gb iPad air is at €399 at argos ATM

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭coolkidirish

What do you intend using the iPad for and we can help see which is best for your needs, as it might be better to save the money if you don't need the extra speeds, etc.

What do you intend using the iPad for and we can help see which is best for your needs, as it might be better to save the money if you don't need the extra speeds, etc.

I really just need it for emails, lists, the Internet, etc. I will be traveling for a number of weeks in the coming year and need something smaller then my mac to carry around for work. The only thing that I would be using it for other then general use is invoices and accounts management, which are both contained in one app.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭coolkidirish

I really just need it for emails, lists, the Internet, etc. I will be traveling for a number of weeks in the coming year and need something smaller then my mac to carry around for work. The only thing that I would be using it for other then general use is invoices and accounts management, which are both contained in one app.
    Ok cool. To be honest spec wise the normal iPad Air would be more than enough for your needs. But if you wanted to get the top of the range model then the iPad Air 2 would be the way to go, but being honest unless you wanted it for gaming or taking pictures I'd put the extra money towards a good case for example.

I work for Apple down here in Cork in the European Head office. I'd be happy to ring you and walk you through all the different options and find one suited for you and run over all the extras and benefits when getting one directly from Apple?

Ok cool. To be honest spec wise the normal iPad Air would be more than enough for your needs. But if you wanted to get the top of the range model then the iPad Air 2 would be the way to go, but being honest unless you wanted it for gaming or taking pictures I'd put the extra money towards a good case for example.

I work for Apple down here in Cork in the European Head office. I'd be happy to ring you and walk you through all the different options and find one suited for you and run over all the extras and benefits when getting one directly from Apple?

Thanks :) I think I'll go for the 32gb iPad air. And invest in a decent case. I always buy directly from Apple but thank you for the offer :) I really appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I agree. I had a 16gb 12mp Nokia N8 in 2010. My iPhone 6 is is only 8mp and still 16gb. 32gb should now be the minimum on all high end tablets/smartphones

Advertisement