Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car stolen from driveway in Kinsealy

Options
  • 08-12-2014 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭

So this morning I went out to the car, started it up to defrost it and went back into the house for 30 seconds and looked out the window and this scumbag hops in the car and drives off.

Insurance has told me there is no cover for this and have another thread in in Motors.

Totally my fault I know but just wanted to let people know this happened in Kinsealy and 4 other cars were done the exact same way in Swords last week alone according to the Gardai, two in Applewood alone.

I have always heated up the car like this, risking it, but just a word of caution to other Swords / Kinsealy folk to not even bother risking it.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That's awful, I hope you get it back undamaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Macker2001

That's awful is there a specific exclusion for it in your policy. Maybe it's different here but I thought if it's not excluded it's covered.

Just wanted to add thanks for the caution I tend to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

I know, I found the line which is as follows on page 16 of a 40 page document.

We will not cover.....

-Loss or damage caused by theft or attempted theft if the keys (or keyless
    entry system) are left unsecured or left in or on an unattended car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

So sorry to hear that.
    We have all done it. Hopefully you get it back intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jessie5

oh god thats terrible what part of Kinsealy did this happen.

• Advertisement

jessie5 wrote: »
    oh god thats terrible what part of Kinsealy did this happen.

Mount Drinan

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

Exact same thing happened my brother in law in Swords last year. He was extremely lucky as guards recovered it a few days later in a lock up. Hard to believe it can happen so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Macker2001

Hope the Gardai recover it for you.
    Could you argue the car was on your property as were you, so the unattended or unsecured clause doesn't apply. Probably clutching at straws, but maybe worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

That's terrible PCros, any update on the car? Hope you get it back soon, just as it was.

That's terrible PCros, any update on the car? Hope you get it back soon, just as it was.

Nope nothing yet. Will ring Gardai on Friday but I know the response I'll get.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

:( It's shocking that your car can just be taken like that and no sign of it. Hope you hear something soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Hearing that this happened in the past few days in Swords , but there was a woman and 2 kids in the car at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Buttercup78

Yeah happened with a van in our estate last year too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

That's absolutely awful, hope it gets back to you safe.

Yeah happened with a van in our estate last year too.

Ever get it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

What car was it?

What car was it?

VW Golf.

I have now heard 2 other cars in Swords were taken the same way last Monday, one of them in Ridgewood.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Buttercup78

Don't think the van was recovered, was full of work tools too.

Advertisement