Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

babysitter needed!!!!!

Options
  • 08-12-2014 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I need a babysitter, preferably teenage girl, 16-18 to mind a toddler, 5 hours 5 days a week (possibly!) from Stephan's day to 5th of January. Will include early mornings, with half 8 starts but I'm having no luck putting word out cause I don't know many in Waterford. Working in retail praying it'll turn into something more regular in the new year so working whatever hours I can. Any help appreciated!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

I hope you get sorted but I would advise caution about looking for someone to mind your child on a public internet forum.

I can't offer any suggestions but you might include your general location as teenagers may not have a car to travel to you.

Hopefully someone will help you out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I was the same I found it so hard to get someone, everyone either recommended someone who was 14 or a childminder that would only take kids every day (I only wanted 2 days a week as I couldn't get e creche for those days.

AnneSam, if you are still claiming, you may be able to get a CETS place, I cant rem if you drive but the creche on e Industrial estate usually has CETS places and I think it would be about €7 per 1 /2 day for 1 child.

Try calling these guys:
    http://www.cccw.ie/

051 860 444 , Waterford Childcare Committee.

They are really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

What part of the city are you living?

Is it 8.30am - 1.30pm for the 5 days?

I'll ask around for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭bluemartin

Ask the head master of the local post primary school if he can recommend someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

Why are you looking for a teenager? Is this some kind of cost saving initative?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AnneSam

He's in creche but its closed over the Christmas period. Yes it is cost saving because I've been 12-14 an hour for childminders which is more than I get myself by a big stretch so please spare the negative backlash!
    I need this job am literally at a complete loss as to what to do that week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I know your pain, it's so hard when you know nobody. The schools are off from school that week so you may have some hope. Even a child minder who is one kid down that week might take him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

AnneSam wrote: »
    He's in creche but its closed over the Christmas period. Yes it is cost saving because I've been 12-14 an hour for childminders which is more than I get myself by a big stretch so please spare the negative backlash!
    I need this job am literally at a complete loss as to what to do that week

I'm a childminder listed on the Waterford Childcare Committee's list and I don't know any childminder charging €12 - €14 an hour, €5 per hour seems the norm if it's in the childminder's home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

It might be worth ringing a few crèches, some might close that week and some of the people working there might be glad of earning a few euro.
    As deisemumsay 5 eur an hour per child is fairly standard for child minders but Id guess most might charge a premium for weekends/holiday time.

Advertisement