Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turn a song in to average language and see can anyone guess it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

lukesmom wrote: »
    The day is green :)

Basket case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Basket case?

Yes well done!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

I really wish I was a member of the opposite sex. I honestly do and here is why I would be so bloody good at it:

Every morning I could adopt a rolling motion when leaving my bed. How cool is that? I'd also no longer be restricted to just putting my clothes on in a normal fashion. As now that I was a man, I could then just throw my clothes onto my body.

I could drink larger with my friends (the current ban on women doing this really needs to be lifted) and then afterwards I could run after women who were running away from me. I could choose my own friends also and not have to put up with other people coming up to me telling me that I could not do that. And you know why? Cause those friends would tell those other people to 'Get ta fcuk!'.

I'd also obviously be very very aware of how us women feel when we're emotionally hurt. Men clearly don't have that kind of awareness (down to the fact that they don't have emotions, bless) and so that would mean that I would of course be a much better man than they could ever be as a result of that. Sure I'd bloody well listen to women for a start, something they never fcuking do for the reasons I've already discussed and also because they don't really comprehend what it's like to lose someone that they wanted to remain in a relationship with, as men always get the person they want.

But the main reason that I know I would be much better at being a man is because as a man whenever I was on a date with a woman, I could just power off my Android and the next day whenever my friends asked me where I was and why I didn't text them back, I could just say: 'Well actually lads, I bricked my phone trying to unlock it last night'. Men can do this sh1t, can you believe it? The boys would think I didn't pull anyone at all and that I spent the night fapping online or something. Being a guy would be so fecking assume. I'd be numero fcuking uno and have the ability to make up the rules as I lived my life but because I'd also be fully aware that us women never cheat, I would head home to my girlfriend as I'd know she'd obviously be there waiting for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Beyonce - If I Were A Boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

I really wish I was a member of the opposite sex. I honestly do and here is why I would be so bloody good at it:

Every morning I could adopt a rolling motion when leaving my bed. How cool is that? I'd also no longer be restricted to just putting my clothes on in a normal fashion. As now that I was a man, I could then just throw my clothes onto my body.

I could drink larger with my friends (the current ban on women doing this really needs to be lifted) and then afterwards I could run after women who were running away from me. I could choose my own friends also and not have to put up with other people coming up to me telling me that I could not do that. And you know why? Cause those friends would tell those other people to 'Get ta fcuk!'.

I'd also obviously be very very aware of how us women feel when we're emotionally hurt. Men clearly don't have that kind of awareness (down to the fact that they don't have emotions, bless) and so that would mean that I would of course be a much better man than they could ever be as a result of that. Sure I'd bloody well listen to women for a start, something they never fcuking do for the reasons I've already discussed and also because they don't really comprehend what it's like to lose someone that they wanted to remain in a relationship with, as men always get the person they want.

But the main reason that I know I would be much better at being a man is because as a man whenever I was on a date with a woman, I could just power off my Android and the next day whenever my friends asked me where I was and why I didn't text them back, I could just say: 'Well actually lads, I bricked my phone trying to unlock it last night'. Men can do this sh1t, can you believe it? The boys would think I didn't pull anyone at all and that I spent the night fapping online or something. Being a guy would be so fecking assume. I'd be numero fcuking uno and have the ability to make up the rules as I lived my life but because I'd also be fully aware that us women never cheat, I would head home to my girlfriend as I'd know she'd obviously be there waiting for me.

Beyonce?

MelanieC wrote: »
    Beyonce - If I Were A Boy.

Damn :mad::(

You are just fantastic, nobody will ever match you.

Aphex wrote: »
    You are just fantastic, nobody will ever match you.

Simply The Best - Tina Turner

Simply The Best - Tina Turner

Too easy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Froshtbit

Expletive!

I throughly enjoy saying Expletive!

It matters not to me my surroundings. I dont care.

• Advertisement

I wasn't acquainted with you for very long, you never looked happy to me, until the moment came to leave,the moment to leave.

I wasn't acquainted with you for very long, you never looked happy to me, until the moment came to leave,the moment to leave.

Together in electric dreams, human league

Together in electric dreams, human league

Yes. Phil Oakey & Georgio Moroder! ;-)

I was brought up by my father and his many girlfriends, he was my best friend and that's how things were

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Unfortunate revelations on the welcome mat, I was unable to progress even a small bit by foot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

a 43 year old Jamaican American Man appeared in court today in an attempt to overturn a divorce ruling despite his partner submitting photographic evidence of his infidelity. The pictures show the defendant butt naked with a neighbor banging on the bathroom floor. His ex wife claims she also witnessed the pair kissing on the sofa before making love on the counter and subsequently in the shower. The man stressed he had forgotten he gave the woman a key to his apartment and denied he had been caught red handed creeping with the lady next door.

bjork wrote: »
    a 43 year old Jamaican American Man appeared in court today in an attempt to overturn a divorce ruling despite his partner submitting photographic evidence of his infidelity. The pictures show the defendant butt naked with a neighbor banging on the bathroom floor. His ex wife claims she also witnessed the pair kissing on the sofa before making love on the counter and subsequently in the shower. The man stressed he had forgotten he gave the woman a key to his apartment and denied he had been caught red handed creeping with the lady next door.

Shaggy - It wasn't me ?

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Unfortunate revelations on the welcome mat, I was unable to progress even a small bit by foot

American Pie - Don McLean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,578 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I can't recall much at all. I don't know whether this is reality or if I'm asleep and it's all in my head. I feel like yelling at the top of my voice, but everything is so quiet it prevents me from doing so.

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »
    I can't recall much at all. I don't know whether this is reality or if I'm asleep and it's all in my head. I feel like yelling at the top of my voice, but everything is so quiet it prevents me from doing so.

Metallica - One, classic tune

I was brought up by my father and his many girlfriends, he was my best friend and that's how things were

Hint!

Hint!

The 'spicy' band from Los Angeles :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Our meeting was in a bar crammed with people drowning their sorrows. He started telling me his life story, but (like him) it had no redeeming qualities. His education cost a lot, but at least he can tell between wine varieties. I imagine he'd like to be a gangster, but there's no chance of that.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

bnt wrote: »
    Our meeting was in a bar crammed with people drowning their sorrows. He started telling me his life story, but (like him) it had no redeeming qualities. His education cost a lot, but at least he can tell between wine varieties. I imagine he'd like to be a gangster, but there's no chance of that.

Charmless man, blur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Ok, got the band, RHCP, but sadly dont know their lyrics well enough to get the song.

• Advertisement

RHCP - Breaking the girl

Ah, it would be possible for me to obscure myself under the flying apparatus of the avian creature whose colour is to the high end of the visible spectrum while she vocalises

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

We are of the female gender and are impudent by nature.
    You are of the male gender and are impudent by nature.

Ah, it would be possible for me to obscure myself under the flying apparatus of the avian creature whose colour is to the high end of the visible spectrum while she vocalises

Daydream Believer - The Monkees!

Macavity. wrote: »

The Cheeky Girls!

• Advertisement

RHCP - Breaking the girl

Correct

I awakened to realism and saw that the days ahead wouldn't shine, I had a dream of something that could never happen - stuff resolving themselves well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,578 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

'Lovely Day' ?

Tony EH wrote: »
    'Lovely Day' ?

No

Would you consider moving the rock by rolling it?

I awakened to realism and saw that the days ahead wouldn't shine, I had a dream of something that could never happen - stuff resolving themselves well

Shattered dreams?

Shattered dreams?

Correct well done!!!

Would you consider moving the rock by rolling it?

Hint?

In the far East there are detectives who use thievery to try get hold of the joy in your head and they also happen to be clairvoyant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

In the far East there are detectives who use thievery to try get hold of the joy in your head and they also happen to be clairvoyant

Californication - RHCP. :p

• Advertisement

Hint?

Good pals of Mr Bowie

Carve Away The Stone, by Rush?

So close!

So close!
    I wrote that, then saw the hint and deleted it. :o

— Kingsley Amis

There's loads of posh fizzy wine, in a fancy press. "Why don't they go to the bun shop?", she says.

Good pals of Mr Bowie
    Roll Away The Stone by Mott The Hoople?

Me? I'm just an old guy who's made some money, and there's nothing wrong with that. I can provide for my family properly, with a nice house in a safer neighbourhood, and I even have room to work on my musical ideas. But some folks are mad at me for growing up, having all these things and not hanging out with the same rough crowd as before. Well, keep it up and I might get medieval on your ass. Either way, you will remember me.

— Kingsley Amis

Roll Away The Stone by Mott The Hoople?

Me? I'm just an old guy who's made some money, and there's nothing wrong with that. I can provide for my family properly, with a nice house in a safer neighbourhood, and I even have room to work on my musical ideas. But some folks are mad at me for growing up, having all these things and not hanging out with the same rough crowd as before. Well, keep it up and I might get medieval on your ass. Either way, you will remember me.

Eminen - forgot about Dre

Eminen - forgot about Dre
    Correct song - wrong artist. (Eminem is the guest on this one.)
    I'm making these too easy, it seems. Ok ... :cool:

— Kingsley Amis

There's loads of posh fizzy wine, in a fancy press. "Why don't they go to the bun shop?", she says.

Killer Queen - Queen.

I wonder how, in your absence I can possibly exist on this planet, seeing as there has been so much time for me spent being in love with you. I wonder how, in your absence I can possibly exist on this planet, and is there a way I can possibly continue living on this planet, keeping in mind that everything I existed for has disappeared?

• Advertisement

I wonder how, in your absence I can possibly exist on this planet, seeing as there has been so much time for me spent being in love with you. I wonder how, in your absence I can possibly exist on this planet, and is there a way I can possibly continue living on this planet, keeping in mind that everything I existed for has disappeared?

How am I supposed to live without you? Michael Bolton :o

Advertisement