Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bill Murray will win an Oscar in his lifetime. Who else?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Rockwell became a favourite after I saw Choke. An amazing actor, he's always great in anything he does, even if the film isn't very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,981 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bill Murray is a lazy actor who plays Bill Murray in every film, and Bill Murray isn't actually that funny. His supporting casts usually provide most of the laughs. He's not much of a step up from Adam Sandler, really.

Kate Winslet seems to play the same role in many films (bored repressed housewife or girlfriend) and how many Oscar nominations has she got but at least she did finally win one 2 or 3 years back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Kate Winslet seems to play the same role in many films (bored repressed housewife or girlfriend) and how many Oscar nominations has she got but at least she did finally win one 2 or 3 years back

..for playing a concentration camp guard. Ralph Fiennes was seen weeping afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Just watched 'Scrooged' for my first Christmas movie of the season. I think it's one that people tend to overlook as a Christmas classic. The scene at the end when Murray makes his speech about Christmas is a brilliantly acted scene.

I can see why some people find him a lazy actor, but I think when he's on screen he tends to steal most scenes.

Advertisement