Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extremely slow Broadband nightly

Options
  • 08-12-2014 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Every evening for the last few days/weeks my broadband has got so slow as to be unusable for periods. 

I live in Sallins, Co. Kildare and have eFiber.

Can you please let me know if there are issues or what can be done to alleviate this, it is getting extremely frustrating.

Nedd

A quick update on this:
    for some reason some sites work OK, boards.ie, google.ie and other google services are working.

rte.ie, IMDB.com, amazon.co.uk, facebook.com, photobox.ie are all not working.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭fitz

nedd wrote: »
    Hi,

Every evening for the last few days/weeks my broadband has got so slow as to be unusable for periods. 

I live in Sallins, Co. Kildare and have eFiber.

Can you please let me know if there are issues or what can be done to alleviate this, it is getting extremely frustrating.

Nedd

A quick update on this:
    for some reason some sites work OK, boards.ie, google.ie and other google services are working.

rte.ie, IMDB.com, amazon.co.uk, facebook.com, photobox.ie are all not working.

Getting the same thing in Celbridge (not efibre though), but when it happens it's for all sites.
    Starting to get infuriating.
    Completely unusable this evening, won't resolve any hosts.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rjr2

Efibre woeful in Rathfarnham also some sites you just can't get to like yahoo or upc.ie 

Actually I tell a lie... We do get the occasional site loading for a couple of minutes, but very slowly, while all others won't even load, and then that site will stop loading too. It's completely inconsistent.

The last couple if weeks it's been like this at night for a period of time, sometimes sort, sometimes longer, and then send to resolve itself. Tonight is the worst it's been. Useless for the last three hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

In North Dublin, Rush,

Download 2.9 Mbps, Upload 5.44. Ping 79Ms.

Back to early adsl days. Whats going on?

this is supposed to be efibre, 

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

In North Dublin, Rush,

Download 2.9 Mbps, Upload 5.44. Ping 79Ms.

Back to early adsl days. Whats going on?

this is supposed to be efibre, 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

fitz wrote: »
    Actually I tell a lie... We do get the occasional site loading for a couple of minutes, but very slowly, while all others won't even load, and then that site will stop loading too. It's completely inconsistent.

The last couple if weeks it's been like this at night for a period of time, sometimes sort, sometimes longer, and then send to resolve itself. Tonight is the worst it's been. Useless for the last three hours.

Yeah tonight is totally useless. I'm trying to get things done here and there is no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rokpirae

Same here, Dublin 8  Portobello

Just back to normal operation now, as usual, suddenly it's working again... Smacks of disruptive work being carried out without informing customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

Awful in Dun Laoghaire tonight too until about 15 mins ago again. 

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

Same behaviour in Kilcullen. Only started in the last week, normally gets bad around 8pm, was totally unusable tonight. Rang support, they could see no issues, despite my inability to load 99% of websites. They opened a ticket and I might get a callback. Put up a post on the eircom support forum also, see if anything comes of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement