Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Savings Account

• 08-12-2014 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm going to be starting a MAsters soon in Dublin and it is costing 13.5k, I plan to put away about €1200 p/m between now and september. I don't know if it's best to just put it in a normal BOI Savings Account or which is best out there at present. I'll be withdrawing all the funds in Late august. Hoping it is approx €9600. Any Ideas on where I should save this money.

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

To get the best rate put 1,000 EUR per month into a KBC Regular Saver account which pays 3.5%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

4% with Nationwide

fletch wrote: »
    4% with Nationwide

A 15 month account. The OP needs the money in September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭ftse100

JTMan wrote: »
    A 15 month account. The OP needs the money in September.

Thanks JTMan. Opened that yesterday. 2.06% Net. Best Around in my case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

Its worth pointing out that if you only have a savings account with KBC, the only way to extract the funds is to request a cheque or credit transfer. You can only transfer funds out (through their rather basic online banking) if you have a current account

• Advertisement

homer911 wrote: »
    Its worth pointing out that if you only have a savings account with KBC, the only way to extract the funds is to request a cheque or credit transfer.

Yeah. To be clear, you can walk into a KBC bank branch and request an electronic transfer.

Advertisement