Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal Merchant Account

Options
  • 08-12-2014 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there, could anyone advise me please? I am full time employed and want to start selling software to small businesses. Am I have to set up a business (meaning business name, register for VAT, etc.)? Or is there any limit of overturn when I don't have to? How can be this legally set up? Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Depends on turnover and whether or not you intend to trade under your own name. If you are going to trade under your own true name you don't need to register it and for VAT the threshold is dependent on the nature of your business (service or goods). You'll have to file a tax return with the additional income and pay tax in that obviously!

Did you have a question about merchant accounts or did you find it out and not change the thread title!

Advertisement