Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Basel - 7:45 - TV3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

My solution is Gerrard back, Allen off for Coutihno, id give Hendo 15mins before springing Lallana

We're being destroyed in the middle - creating pressure at the back and Lambert with nothing to go off up top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Enrique wouldn't even get on the Dog and Duck team :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

move gerrard up front for lambert,put coutinho in the 10,allen off for lalana ,gerrard off for markovic on 70 mins...hope for the best

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭toxicity234

No pace in attack. Just rubbish. Not looking forward to the 2nd half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Don't Liverpool have any youth strikers for the bench considering they need a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

If Rodgers has any genuine courage, he'll take off Gerrard at half-time.

If he takes Gerrard off and Liverpool lose the English press will lacerate him. It's the right call though because Gerrard is not able to play any more against opponents who give him no time on the ball.

Rogers is in a pretty sh1tty situation right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sterling being asked to carry this team at 20 is fcking ridiculous.

Yep it's even more ridiculous that this is after spending 110m. He'll be gone soon a big team will have no problem paying 50m for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Basel are a technically better team than us. This fact is made all the more exaggerated by us not having no threat us front whatsoever.

All our progress under Rodgers undone in 5 months and one transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Suarez carried this team massivey last year..
    Like its almost sad, he second best team in England last year, being bossed around, and looking like headlesss chickens

Rodgers being outed badly you feel.. Cant be that long left if this form continues.

Lets say united win well on Sunday, surely he's gone then..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Remember lads, this is all Hodgson's fault for injuring Sturridge back in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Why doesn't Rodgers bring on Lallana and Coutinho for Allen and Lucas and change into a 4-2-3-1 with Lalana and Sterling on the wings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Lambert needs to come off. Offered next to nothing, having him up top as the game wares on will only become more and more detrimental to our play as we become desperate and start lumping it up to him which will play right into Basel's hands.

Absolutely, so it makes all kinds of sense for our manager to leave the club's only fit striker at home on the sofa.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Gerrard as the striker

Getting zero from Enrique and little more from Johnson.

Henderson is lost out on the wing should be alongside Lucas to break up play harass the opposition

Skrtel has been flying by the seat of his pants and Lovren isn't inspiring confidence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

noodler wrote: »
    Yeah, we get it.

He is the only available striker as long as Borini keeps tapping the Rodge's missus though.

He can tap Rodgers missus all he wants, it's his tapping Rodgers girlfriend that has him in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Enrique wouldn't even get on the Dog and Duck team :eek:

I missed the line ups, didnt even realise he was playing, Has he touched the ball?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Gerrard, Lambert & Henderson off, nobody on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Poxy - a gutless manager and team.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Remember lads, this is all Hodgson's fault for injuring Sturridge back in September.

I didn't realise he was that good a centre half tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Both obviously.

Yeah, Rodgers had to have been doing good things last season in fairness.

Something has happened this season though, he can't seem to get anything right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Basel are a technically better team than us. This fact is made all the more exaggerated by us not having no threat us front whatsoever.

It's looking increasingly like Suarez was the reason for progress. Rodgers was just along for the ride like the rest of us.

• Advertisement

• Basel are a technically better team than us. This fact is made all the more exaggerated by us not having no threat us front whatsoever.

Lambert is not exactly getting much service to be fair to him, he needs support

Surely there some youth strikers rodgers can draft in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Seriously how are Liverpool failing to get out of this group.

Woeful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Only change I'd make would be taking Lambert off, he's played far too much recently and is a complete passenger here. Bring on anyone for him really.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Surely there some youth strikers rodgers can draft in

Basel would probably notice they weren't on the teamsheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

quarryman wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of other stadia in the Premiership that are similar. But Anfield is regularly extolled as this great atmospheric cauldron. It's nothing of the sort. You'll Never Walk Alone for 5 minutes with a bunch of scarves at the start can't hide that.

It's a uniqueness that Anfield has compared to other English clubs. The noise and colour, the banners and anthems etc. It does definitely stand out.

But then it can be just like any other ground on nights like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Folwer and Scholes look like kids with there school uniform and plastered down hair. Also on a side note what a crap match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

we're very static off the ball. playing it out from defence is super scary. i'd welcome back hoofball, i think it would be more progressive. stevie justs looks way off the pace. hendo and allen really poor. jose looks like hes waiting to be destroyed.

deary me, i've feck all to be positive about.....except its only one nil. look to the bench? nope.

• Basel would probably notice they weren't on the teamsheet.

I mean rodgers going to need it for Xmas period

Mr Alan wrote: »
    It's looking increasingly like Suarez was the reason for progress. Rodgers was just along for the ride like the rest of us.

You are forgetting about Sturridge's significant contribution.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I mean he's going to need it for Xmas period

I may have been having a jolly jape with you young man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

emo72 wrote: »
    we're very static off the ball. playing it out from defence is super scary. i'd welcome back hoofball, i think it would be more progressive. stevie justs looks way off the pace. hendo and allen really poor. jose looks like hes waiting to be destroyed.

deary me, i've feck all to be positive about.....except its only one nil. look to the bench? nope.

Id rther we hoof it to be honest going nowhere but backwards at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Augeo wrote: »
    You are forgetting about Sturridge's significant contribution.

I suspect he too will be a different beast without Suarez beside him causing havoc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

The next 45 minutes his decisions and changes will decide whether I'll back Rodgers or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Only change I'd make would be taking Lambert off, he's played far too much recently and is a complete passenger here. Bring on anyone for him really.

Are you for real? Johnson has been a timid liability. Enrique looks out of his depth and overweight.
    Allen hasnt done a tap.
    Lucas not much better. Everyone wants Gerrard to score so they pass to him instead od shooting.
    Watching the replay of the goal...Lovern standing on the penalty spot picking his hole. Shocking stuff.

Rodgers spent £110million in the summer. Why are we starting the biggest game of the season with Johnson and Enrique as fullbacks, Gerrard and Lucas in the middle and a sub-par Niall Quinn as the lone striker?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Standard stuff from us so far.

When 5 of your front 6 consists of Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Henderson and Lambert then you're gonna have a bad time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Broken record time but its all about the signings. Mad how Rodgers spoke of doing a Spurs yet it is clear that Spurs, despite being laughed at for wasting their Bale money, have spent much better than Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

madalig12 wrote: »
    Are you for real? Johnson has been a timid liability. Enrique looks out of his depth and overweight.
    Allen hasnt done a tap.
    Lucas not much better. Everyone wants Gerrard to score so they pass to him instead od shooting.
    Watching the replay of the goal...Lovern standing on the penalty spot picking his hole. Shocking stuff.

Oh yeah forgot the new CL rules where we get 17 subs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Moreno and Markovich coming on.

Lambert and Enrique off.

AmazBALLS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Really really strange subs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

so who is gonna come on and change the game for us? i thought we added strength in depth to the squad? oooo marko and moreno!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Rodgers spent £110million in the summer. Why are we starting the biggest game of the season with Johnson and Enrique as fullbacks, Gerrard and Lucas in the middle and a sub-par Niall Quinn as the lone striker?

if you told someone a year ago that liverpool needed to win a game against basel at home to qualify and they started with lucas and allen in midfield and ricky lambert upfront on his own nobody would have believed you

Markovic and Moreno on for Lambert and Enrique.

We officially have no strikers on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

mental subsitutions ?!?! wtf !!? ?!??!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

now or never boys

• Advertisement

Loads of pace on for us at HT, this could be a stroke of genius or just pure insanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Markovic? WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Is Rodgers actually losing the plot in front of our eyes here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Bizzare subs!

Why not Lallana or Coutinho?

Rodgers may just have signed his own death warrant.

44 more minutes of that please Markovic!

• Advertisement
Advertisement