Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How important is the exact spelling on learner permit?

• 09-12-2014 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭

ok so got my second provisional in the post today. Just like first provisional they misspelled the road again by one letter after me thinking it was sorted and its misspelled a different way this time. Can they not check spelling of addresses or something? Don't want to post it back coz I can see the letter somewhere else being changed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

JamboMac wrote: »
    ok so got my second provisional in the post today. Just like first provisional they misspelled the road again by one letter after me thinking it was sorted and its misspelled a different way this time. Can they not check spelling of addresses or something? Don't want to post it back coz I can see the letter somewhere else being changed.

I would say that you will be okay. Just when you apply for your Full-Licence, ensure when you approach the desk that you show whoever is at your NDLS counter the error in the previous & what it should be, and they may make a special note of it to ensure all just fine with that full-licence.

Just my thoughts,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Ndls will not change an address unless customer presents a utility bill with the exact spelling. They can then issue a free replacement licence on that basis. They will not change an address simply because you ask them to. Proof is essential

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Ndls will not change an address unless customer presents a utility bill with the exact spelling. They can then issue a free replacement licence on that basis. They will not change an address simply because you ask them to. Proof is essential

No when they send you your licence the letter that accompanies it just say post it back to cork with a note explaining the error. No request for proof of anything now I'm sure that is the case if you moved or didn't change it quick enough.

I did explain the first error to the girl in the ndls office but I think it must have got confused somewhere down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

I wouldn't take any chances. Would rather go to the ndls office and get it done properly. The helpline are notorious for giving out incorrect information

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭foreversky

When I got my first permit they spelt my last name wrong,went in to get them to correct it.just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I just got mine after over a month. There was an issue with my eyesight test so have to resubmit that. I noted the small typo in my address on that (very obviously!) and referred them to my proof of address with the correct version but it wasn't updated.

Might just hold off on getting it fixed until I get the full license. In the accompanying letter, it said if there were any typos on the permit, then it should be posted back to their office in Cork. Can only imagine how long it would take to get a replacement then.

Advertisement