Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

On JSA but plan to look for work overseas for few months

• 09-12-2014 1:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

I am considering returning to Asia for a few months to look for work. Worked there for 8 years before. Wonder if I things didn't work out would I have great difficulty starting claim again or could I somehow keep claim open.
    The reasons I am suggesting a few months is because of the cost of flying and I have friends in Thailand who will be happy to accommodate me. No point in just going for a few weeks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You should be able to keep your claim live by submitting a holiday claim, the first 2 weeks will be payed to you upon your return.If you give the dept the dates your claim should be ok.(I think,you would need to check in your local office)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

If you are leaving the country for more than a month you will not be paid 2 weeks holidays on your return and your claim will be closed. If you are going away for a couple of months then you will have to make a repeat claim on your return and also may have to satisfy habitual residence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Thanks for replies.
    I met someone today who told S/W that she needed to go to USA as a relative was ill and family were buying her a return ticket. Social said no problem paid her 2 weeks holiday pay and she signed on as usual after the end of 4 weeks. Her claim was kept live and she did not need to re-apply from the start.
    Interesting, maybe it depends on the S/W officers interpretation of the rules.

Advertisement