Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas Holiday Mountain Run

• 09-12-2014 1:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd get this up nice and early. Would anyone have any interest in a mountain run some stage over the Christmas holidays? I have never done a mountain run in my life but looking at some of the photos here really make me want to give one (although a short one!) a go, and thought maybe a forum run over the Xmas holidays might be fun. Was thinking maybe some time around the 27th/28th/29th of December maybe? Am very open to suggestions as to where as I haven't got a clue of where any of the good spots would be but would prefer somewhere in Leinster (happy to make a day of it). Also, maybe a route with different distance options would be good so that a track fairy like me can bail out early!

Maybe for now we could see who is interested and then maybe plan a location/date etc.

Interested:

pconn062

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

I'm interested....I'm always good for a mountain run :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

pconn062 wrote: »
    Also, maybe a route with different distance options would be good so that a track fairy like me can bail out early!

Ticknock car park has a nice loop of about 800 metres. :D

I would suggest that a modified Run The Line route would be ideal. Ticknock car park would be a good meeting place and then you have a nice mix of fireroad, singletrack, muck and streams, taking in the woods around Three Rock, up to the Fairy Castle, where you join up with the Dublin Mountain Way, down to Tibradden (passing the meeting of DMW and WW where you can take the short route ~11k) and on around Cruagh and back.

You have distance options of ~6 miles, ~11 miles and 16 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

PaulieC wrote: »

I would suggest that a modified Run The Line route would be ideal. Ticknock car park would be a good meeting place and then you have a nice mix of fireroad, singletrack, muck and streams, taking in the woods around Three Rock, up to the Fairy Castle, where you join up with the Dublin Mountain Way, down to Tibradden (passing the meeting of DMW and WW where you can take the short route ~11k) and on around Cruagh and back.

By any chance would you have a Garmin route for that? Sounds great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

That sounds perfect, the car park loop I mean of course! Sounds like a lovely route and probably perfect for this, will the different loops. Don't think I'd manage 16 mile so having the 11 would be perfect. Any more takers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

By any chance would you have a Garmin route for that? Sounds great.

This is last year's route, I believe there were some differences this year, but the changes were minimal.

http://connect.garmin.com/course/8378920

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭davemcmahon

I'd be interested but would depend on the day we go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

This is last year's route, I believe there were some differences this year, but the changes were minimal.

http://connect.garmin.com/course/8378920

Excellent, thanks.

I'd be on for something like that if I am free.

Advertisement