Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how'd you go today?

• 09-12-2014 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

MA 161? first years? How did your maths exam go?
    Mine was balls, q1 and q2 were straight forward enough but it was all downhill from there so looks like it's gonna be a fail....:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭wmirl

As long as you passed the Webworks assignments, you can still pass the module overall. See the module page: http://www.maths.nuigalway.ie/~niall/MA161-1/

Q: I failed Paper 1. Do I have to repeat it in the Autumn?
    A: Not necessarily. If you score 40% or more on average between the CA, and Papers 1 and 2 (see previous question), and you completed the CA, you will pass the module.

If you're still having trouble with maths next semester, take advantage of Sums in Aras de Brun and go to your tutorials, there was enough of them on this year! I imagine it should be the same for second semester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Q3 was the one I had the most difficulty with, I left it to last so I barely managed anything for the Gauss Jordan part

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Half Rhodesian

wmirl wrote: »
    As long as you passed the Webworks assignments, you can still pass the module overall. See the module page: http://www.maths.nuigalway.ie/~niall/MA161-1/

Q: I failed Paper 1. Do I have to repeat it in the Autumn?
    A: Not necessarily. If you score 40% or more on average between the CA, and Papers 1 and 2 (see previous question), and you completed the CA, you will pass the module.

If you're still having trouble with maths next semester, take advantage of Sums in Aras de Brun and go to your tutorials, there was enough of them on this year! I imagine it should be the same for second semester.
    yeah, the tutorials are a lifesaver. ive got 19% from the four h/k assignments plus whatever minimal % from the exam so shouldnt really be failing maths overall at the end of the year...

actually, how much are the exams worth? i was told 30% by a friend but i thought CA was 30% so each exam from sem1/sem2 would be 35% each? 70% in total?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭wmirl

It's linked in the FAQ on Niall's page there. 40 for CA, and 30 for each semester exam (total 100).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Make sure you pass the CA independently. It's a life saver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Thought this was gunna be for all subjects

Mr. G wrote: »
    Make sure you pass the CA independently. It's a life saver

no joke there, be screwed without it.. biology is a joke too but CA should see most through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Awful exam for me today. Felt crap going in and felt worse leaving and ive 2 exams tomorrow to finish.. 3 of my 4 exams between today and tomorrow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

I'm sure you'll all be fine guys. :) I was sure I failed the Xmas maths exam in first year but ended up with a C! They mark it quite easy so don't stress.

• Advertisement
Advertisement