Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The little engine that could

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Have you tried adding cheese to the meat on a 1:1 ratio

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Spookyspook

I love cheese, but I can't eat it.

Mexican Mouse Syndrome?

Bahaha I'm lactose intolerant. That's why I drink almond milk as well.

Would anyone pay 250€ for a 6 week program that offers pt once a week plus two hiit class a week. They also throw in a nutrition plan and what to buy from the shop. Its a tiny gym run by two guys, so I can't actually lift weights without having a personal trainer. I asked.

• Advertisement

Walked 8k

Rolled forever.

Had a great yoga session. Even had cozy blankets for the Shavasana pose. :)

My shoulders are beyond tight though.

I did kickboxing tonight and I LOVED it! It was my first time, but I'm a quick learner :) Everyone was really friendly.

One girl I was talking to thought I was from Northern Ireland:confused:

Made some oat and yogurt bread. It was alright, but I think I'll add stuff to it next time.

Also made some chia pudding with chocolate protein and peanut butter. Nom:pac:

Walked 5k

Rolled

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭ninamc

I did kickboxing tonight and I LOVED it! It was my first time, but I'm a quick learner

I would imagine with the weight you can squat you have fierce legs. None of them will want to spar you in a couple weeks :eek:

BJJ would suit you

Got 10 solid hours of sleep and I woke up feeling absolutely drained.

Walked 4k

Did some yoga at home

Played Fifa 15

The little one said, "when I'm an adult I'm gonna go to the gym and be strong like you!"

At least I'm a role model to small people :)

Think I'll take the night off.

• Advertisement

Just kidding, I got a pretty intense workout from playing in the snow! Perfect for snowball fights!

Random ab workouts at home. Like I just got bored.

I got asked tonight if I wanted go row across the sea from Ireland to France. In all seriousness. It's for charity. I actually think I might do it. Have to give it some more thought. It's not until the end of May.

I bought sea salt rice cakes for the bus ride. They were not salty enough.

Here's an interesting read! Well I found it interesting because the whole left side of my body is shorter compared to my right side. https://yogainternational.com/article/view/release-tension-in-the-psoas

• Registered Users Posts: 24,588 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I got asked tonight if I wanted go row across the sea from Ireland to France. In all seriousness. It's for charity. I actually think I might do it.

As you do...

As you do...

Do ya mean what workouts will I do to train for it? I'll have to think. I'd be able to train with some of the other rowers who have done it before, so I'll be able to ask them and get an idea soon.

Do ya mean what workouts will I do to train for it? I'll have to think. I'd be able to train with some of the other rowers who have done it before, so I'll be able to ask them and get an idea soon.

Haha, no I was just saying it in relation to the "So I was asked to row from Ireland to France...".

There are a few rowers here that can help you better but you''ll have to get a lot of practive rowing in the meantime.

But a couplf of gym exercises that help would be ATG high bar back squats. The depth would be important for engaging the quads and hips at the deepest point of the catch (where you would be putting the blade back into the water and beginning the pull back).
    Single-leg work as well will help. Not just for rowing but the last thing you want on a long row is to have one leg covering the other in terms of strength. Split squats, lunges, single-leg squats etc.)
    Back extensions, straight-leg deadlifts for strengthening the lower back (erector spinae) for back extension.
    Seated rows. No explanation needed :)

But like I said, someone like Duck's Hoop would be more knowledgeable about what work to do.

Ohhhhhh haha.

Ugh Ya I know! Still looking for a decent gym, that's why I'm just doing random classes at the moment, and to be fair, body weight workouts are pretty challenging. Thanks for all the info! I'll know more next week.

Walked 11k today

Felt really stressed and tense all day.

Did kickboxing(my second time!) The instructor said I could move up a level next month and begin sparring :)

Worked on punches. Thanks dad for buying me a punching bag when I was a kid to release my anger:D

Still feel stressed out though, so I guess that didnt do the trick :(

No bread for the whole week: that's my challange. I've decided to do weekly challenges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Meant to ask, what area are you looking for a gym in?

Dublin 22 and I have no car or bike. Might get a bike though.

• Advertisement

Did kickboxing(my second time!) The instructor said I could move up a level next month and begin sparring :)

You'll probably have made the Irish team in time to take part in the international challenge against France the day you arrive on the rowing boat...

Haha! That's not set in stone yet! And my May just became incredibly booked already. I asked him about bjj. He said I'd have to go to Tallaght for that. Lame. I've realized that the girls all go to kickboxing to socialize. I don't mind a bit of chat, but I prefer the challange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Haha! That's not set in stone yet! And my May just became incredibly booked already. I asked him about bjj. He said I'd have to go to Tallaght for that. Lame. I've realized that the girls all go to kickboxing to socialize. I don't mind a bit of chat, but I prefer the challange.

LOL:pac::pac::pac:

That made me laugh!! When I used to go to kickboxing and karate it was purely for the chats:D:pac:...yep...I was/am one of those girls

I feel like we should hangout and be friends while drinking wine and kickboxing. :D

Some serious girls in kickboxing back in college. One girl - I'll never forget it - was in the first fight in the nationals. First kick, she dropped the opponent...with broken ribs.

She didn't go training for the bants :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Bjj would be fun
    Pew pew

Some serious girls in kickboxing back in college. One girl - I'll never forget it - was in the first fight in the nationals. First kick, she dropped the opponent...with broken ribs.

She didn't go training for the bants :)

That is hardcore! I wouldn't want to fight her.

That is hardcore! I wouldn't want to fight her.

No one did.

We used fight the kickboxing club every year. Only time more skin and hair flew was against Trinity and CIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

I feel like we should hangout and be friends while drinking wine and kickboxing. :D

Lol...agreed!!

• Advertisement

Rolled my shoulders all day. OWWW! Think it's gonna take more than a tennis ball for these babies!

Walked very little today. 4k.

Little bit of yoga

Highly unmotivated. I'm going to retry out a gym tomorrow. I miss lifting heavy things!

Advertisement