Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The little engine that could

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Spookyspook

Ran a small bit.

Went and checked out a gym. I remember why I didn't go to it last year. Ya have to pay upfront for the year and they were really pushing me to buy herbalife. Like it's a very good gym for people who are into cardio and a small bit of weights.

Anyway, got my motivation back! Low carb for a few days. Rolling. Random abs. Always walking.

Kickboxing tonight!

I have decided to step it up in February. Took a before pic and I'll take one at the end of the month as well.

Kickboxing was great-loads of ab work and air squats.

My right hip is waaaay more flexible than my left. Legs feel like lead now.

Rolled my shoulders some more, huuuuurt. Anyone know of where to get a good sports massage in Dublin?

Only ever had one and that was in Korea. The woman got annoyed with my shoulders and got on the bed and dug her elbow into me! In very broken English she said, "you too stressed." She didn't get the job done!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Anyone know of where to get a good sports massage in Dublin?

Probably a bit out of your way but Pearse Street Physio - about 5 minutes walk from Pearse Dart Station.

Always found it made a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

guy in slimline studio (i promise the massage is nothing to do with slimming) is great
    http://slimline-studio.ie/bodybalance/

bluewolf wrote: »
    guy in slimline studio (i promise the massage is nothing to do with slimming) is great
    http://slimline-studio.ie/bodybalance/

The BS alarm has been triggered by the presence of 'slimline' and 'bodybalance' :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I know, I know. I got a voucher for him on groupon and it was that good I went back and am going back again!
    I studiously ignore all the other stuff in there ...

Haha. Decisions decisions

Just got word on the rowing situation. They've already a full crew, but if anyone drops out, I'm in! They also said I could go row with them anytime while they're practicing for it.

Did a full body blast class. My shoulders are f*******ed. I'm not happy that I had to resort to my knees for push ups.

Did clean and press loads of times

and kettle bell squats.

Lots of planking and jump squats on a step up thing.

Made tasty rosemary and sea salt almonds for a snack.

Walked 8k

Friday's kickboxing is actually 100% conditioning.

Loads of air squats and jump squats

A million and one push ups and abs

Kettlebell bicep curls and shoulder presses

Running with balls over our heads

Kettlebell swings. I went for a lighter weight and the instructor came over and said "oh no, you use a heavier weight" bahaha.

All circuit work and I must say, I rather enjoyed it! Plus I was incredibly annoyed beforehand, but I think I just lose my temper and get annoyed easily. Felt nice and refreshed afterwards!

Instructor came up to me and said, "ok so March we'll get you sparring so you can earn a belt." I just looked at him and said, "ya but I don't know how to fight!" Haha apparently he has more faith in me than I do!

• Advertisement

Foam rolled a ton last night. Woke up this morning with massive bruises all over my legs. Does this happen to anyone else or do I just bruise like a peach?

Foam rolled a ton last night. Woke up this morning with massive bruises all over my legs. Does this happen to anyone else or do I just bruise like a peach?

It can happen if you put too much pressure on the same spot (s) for too long.

Ease into the pressure, building it bit don't stay too long at the max. Go back to it later and work again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Did you use a rumble roller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

I do get small bruises from time to time round the IT bands but nothing major.

I did ya.

Met my challange last week. Didn't eat any bread and kept it low carb. This weeks challenge: no wine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

I did ya.

Met my challange last week. Didn't eat any bread and kept it low carb. This weeks challenge: no wine :(

I never use my rumble roller because of the mess it leaves my legs in. Also..I find that the rumble bit puts too much pressure on my legs.

And no wine?.....now that's just silly

Ya I think I'll have to invest in a new one.

Hahaha, I know I know! But I had too much over the weekend so I decided to give it a try.

Lots of walking

Kickboxing- did a lot of different punches and ducking. And bouncing around.

I suck at uppercuts.

Did loads of different types of push-ups.

I always feel so great after that class.

My head is all fuzzy today. Little walking

Kick boxing tonight!

Recent back picture, taken first of February.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Damnnnnnn you have an impressive back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

That is one serious back!:eek: im totes jelli

Kickboxing has been brutally good the last few times.

Thinking about starting the ketogenic diet. I've already upped my omega 3 intake as of last week and reduced my carbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Don't do that stupid diet, just cut down on carbs, and the carbs you do eat place them around training.

Ok fine. It just looked like an interesting one to try. I have cut down on carbs.

My kickboxing month has ended. It was good, but I need something more challenging. Did a kettlebell class that kicked my butt, and yoga! So sore.

Took a progress pic and my waist is getting slimmer! :D:D

Still carb cycling.

Advertisement