Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hudl2: 8" Andriod Tablet for £109 from TescoDirect via Parcelmotel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,705 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah I got mine yesterday morning from Parcelmotel very happy with it, it did get an update once connected to wifi signed in using my gmail account and it downloaded some of the apps I have on my Moto G phone, screen quality is excellent and its s nice size. I hope everyone who ordered this get theirs before Xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Yeah I got mine yesterday morning from Parcelmotel very happy with it, it did get an update once connected to wifi signed in using my gmail account and it downloaded some of the apps I have on my Moto G phone, screen quality is excellent and its s nice size. I hope everyone who ordered this get theirs before Xmas!

You opened it before Christmas Day?? :eek::eek:

byronbay2 wrote: »
    You opened it before Christmas Day?? :eek::eek:

Lol had to make sure it worked ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

anyone got a working Tesco voucher code?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

anyone got a working Tesco voucher code?
    £10 off first order with TDX-YGPK.

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill - did anyone in the Republic manage to get their clubcard boost to work with this? £65 is an unreal price

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Thanks a mill - did anyone in the Republic manage to get their clubcard boost to work with this? £65 is an unreal price

Where did you get a Hudl2 for £65? Its £129 on the Tesco site.

Very happy with my Hudl no major issues with it so far. To get rid of some of the Tesco stuff coming up on startup I recommend installing the Google Now launcher or Buzz launcher free from the play store.

degsie wrote: »
    Where did you get a Hudl2 for £65? Its £129 on the Tesco site.

It's half price using clubcard boost. I'm curious if the irish vouchers work on the UK site.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/hudl/?icid=ClubcardBoost_MainBanner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Anyone got an update on the tab are they any good any problems etc ?

• Advertisement

Anyone got an update on the tab are they any good any problems etc ?

Really like it works fine nice and quick, installed xmbc and showbox on it. I stuck Buzz Launcher on to load customised skins and stop it starting up with all the Tesco apps on screen. Works fine with chromecast. Overall very happy with it.

Really like it works fine nice and quick, installed xmbc and showbox on it. I stuck Buzz Launcher on to load customised skins and stop it starting up with all the Tesco apps on screen. Works fine with chromecast. Overall very happy with it.

Oh cool that's one of the main reason i wanted it too was showbox :) whats buz launcher ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭circadian

Nephew and neice got one each off Santa. Lovely device for the price, decent specs too.

Oh cool that's one of the main reason i wanted it too was showbox :) whats buz launcher ?

Its just a launcher app for putting different skins over the standard android ones.

OK i'm just about to pull the trigger on this just one more question i have put in the pm address i cant remember do i put in the full pm address inc my name an pm pin ?

OK i'm just about to pull the trigger on this just one more question i have put in the pm address i cant remember do i put in the full pm address inc my name an pm pin ?

If I recall put in the Belfast pm address and before you finish checking out you can edit the delivery address I put my PM ID in under flat number and it worked out fine.

i'm on the check out now i can only see 1A Mckinney road newtownabby ,antrim

but cant see anywhere to put my pm id :confused:

i'm on the check out now i can only see 1A Mckinney road newtownabby ,antrim

but cant see anywhere to put my pm id :confused:

Think there is a spot for flat number.

I'm waiting for a £20 discount code!

just went to my account and found edit my address and added my pm id so think i'm sorted . your waiting on 20 pound discount code ? where can that be got ?

just went to my account and found edit my address and added my pm id so think i'm sorted . your waiting on 20 pound discount code ? where can that be got ?

I don't think there is one currently. 10 GBP is the best one at the moment. I'm happy to wait.

• Advertisement

just ordered it there got the £10 off how do you know there will be a £20 code?

had to buy it now as my 2 year old keeps stealing my iphone for you tube peppa pig plus showbox is a bonus :D.

just ordered it there got the £10 off how do you know there will be a £20 code?

had to buy it now as my 2 year old keeps stealing my iphone for you tube peppa pig plus showbox is a bonus :D.

I used this TDX-PKJK but that was before Xmas I think its invalid now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

Got problems with charging the Hudl 2 that my daughter got for Christmas, it'll only properly charge when you turn it off :( Seems to be others affected too according to reports on forums, I've emailed Tesco so we'll see what the outcome is.

Aside from that its a nifty device and my daughter is delighted with it though the battery could last longer.

Btw Tesco Direct have an offer on atm for 33% off Hudl 2 accessories just enter TD-HFTP at check out.

viking wrote: »
    Got problems with charging the Hudl 2 that my daughter got for Christmas, it'll only properly charge when you turn it off :( Seems to be others affected too according to reports on forums, I've emailed Tesco so we'll see what the outcome is.

Aside from that its a nifty device and my daughter is delighted with it though the battery could last longer.

Btw Tesco Direct have an offer on atm for 33% off Hudl 2 accessories just enter TD-HFTP at check out.

Apparently Tesco are issuing a patch on the 5th of January to address the charging issue. I have to say I haven't noticed the issue then again I power it off and charge it overnight. Let's see what Monday brings!

Well just got my dispatched email from Tesco Direct, so doesn't seem to be that much of a backlog on sending orders out. Now the nervous wait to see if it arrives ok to Parcel Motel.

How long did it take to get to you from time of dispatch ?

How long did it take to get to you from time of dispatch ?

8 days to my Parcel motel and that was December you might get it quicker then that hopefully as there were delays with PM in December.

8 days to my Parcel motel and that was December you might get it quicker then that hopefully as there were delays with PM in December.

Oh right well I got a dispatch notification yesterday morning so fingers crossed comes a bit earlier:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

Apparently Tesco are issuing a patch on the 5th of January to address the charging issue. I have to say I haven't noticed the issue then again I power it off and charge it overnight. Let's see what Monday brings!

I'm not at home so haven't been able to check but has anyone got the patch yet?
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I don't think there is one currently. 10 GBP is the best one at the moment. I'm happy to wait.

Do you know from previous experience that Tesco do £20 codes? I'm happy to wait too, but only if I think it might be on the way :D

Just as an aside- is there anyway to use the Aldi €10 off €50 shop voucher, can you use it to buy a Tesco giftcard and then spend that as part of the transaction?

Advertisement