Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest restaurant in Sligo?

Options
  • 09-12-2014 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend the nicest restaurant in Sligo (or North Mayo)? I want to get my parents a voucher for a meal for Christmas. They're in their 60s.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Can anyone recommend the nicest restaurant in Sligo (or North Mayo)? I want to get my parents a voucher for a meal for Christmas. They're in their 60s.

Monmarte is probaly the best restaurant in town. You should consider nevin maguires in blacklion its only 30 min from sligo its exceptional probaly my favorite restaurant in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Monmarte is probaly the best restaurant in town. You should consider nevin maguires in blacklion its only 30 min from sligo its exceptional probaly my favorite restaurant in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

The Venue in Strandhill has consistently delicious food, deffo would be in my top 3 list. The Embassy (downstairs beside Toffs) is lovely as well. Number 3 is a Chinese but doubt your folks you like that?

Incidentally I was told Maguires place in Blacklion is notoriously hard to get a reservation especially for a weekend. You could be waiting up to a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

You should consider nevin maguires in blacklion its only 30 min from sligo its exceptional probaly my favorite restaurant in Ireland

They only take bookings at certain windows during the year for the upcoming six months and they're booked out in jig time. It is an exceptionally good restaurant mind.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Tried Panda a couple of weekend ago. Nice place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Rugantino is very good, but be sure to book in advance as its very small and they don't like walk ins at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Mandarin Court , old reliable still ticks all the boxes was in it recently, very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Monmarte is probaly the best restaurant in town.

I second this, but for very good pub food I recommend either Hargadons or downstairs in Donaghys pub, both excellent and great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I like Eala Bhan, Rugantino and The Panda.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

4 lanterns.... Nah... Only joking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Eala Ban gets my vote- consistently good food and nice atmosphere. Bistro would be my second choice for more casual dining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I like Ruganinto for sure but the place is so small you feel like you're being rushed out of it would be my only issue

Advertisement