Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who do you want to beat Rusev's streak?

• 09-12-2014 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

Personally, I'd love Swagger to topple Rusev first. He's gotten the best out of Rusev so far, has a great intensity and the whole avenging his mentor/going away to come back stronger thing has a great Americana feel to it. Can't see it happening at TLC, though!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I really thought Swagger should have beaten him at Summerslam. He had a ton of momentum.

Either way i'm glad to see these guys in the ring again. They work very well together.

Failing Swagger, it will probably be Cena MkIIRoman Reigns.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Won't happen but Kurt Angle

Think Swagger missed his chance when he first feuded with him, he was pretty hot ad a face at that point too now its just the Americana the fans get behind.

Hope its not Cena (or Orton) or Reigns though as the hatdcote fans would **** all over that.

Wouldn't mind Ziggler actually if the WWE used it to try and make a big deal out of him and it could be possible with them seemingly wanting to push him post SS but not likely to do so ahead of Cena, Orton, Reigns & co (perhaps even inc Ambrose / Ryback and Taker & Sting at Mania time).

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

I thought of Angle myself, but that's probably just hopeful thinking on our parts. It'd be amazing, though.

Whoever it is, I hope its some that needs a push. Like has been said already, Cena doesn't need it. Reigns could use it as a way to shoot to the big leagues or even Ziggler to maintain his position. I'd still like it to be Swagger, but then we'd have a glut of faces!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Might sound really harsh against swagger but I honestly think if he beat Rusev it'd do more harm to rusev than it would boost swaggs.

While Ziggler or reigns could get a boost out of it and the potential feud that would follow that first match / loss for Rusev would be fresh for the fans.

I said I'd prefer it not to be reigns but on second thoughts that's the kinda push I think he's ready for unlike the main event push vs Lesnar people expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hornswaggle...

I hate Rusev. I don't find him believable at all. He's every big man ever. He should have been pushed like Umaga was (I know he was eventually beaten too)

I'd like to see Ziggler get the rub though, if i'm honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah Ziggler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I really like Swagger and the two of them have great chemistry, but I rather see it someone more up the card. Ziggler, Ambrose even Bryan. He should keep his streak to Wrestlemania. Even face off against Cena and go over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Nobody. He should never lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ryback because ryback rulez !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

No debate needed ;), its gotta be Kurt Angle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

A debuting Sami Zayn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Nobody. He should never lose.

he has already lost a number of times...

maybe you mean he should never be pinned or made submit on the main roster?

not sure why people want a 46 year old broken down angle to beat a 28 year guy wwe have been building up for a year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'd rather Angle come in as a sort of mentor to a young guy. Swagger makes perfect sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Lads, come on... If it doesn't end up being Angle it should be Finn Bálor!!

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Lads, come on... If it doesn't end up being Angle it should be Finn Bálor!!

There's an argument for it being someone's debut that they intend to push to the stars, similar to Tazz debuting and taking down Kurt Angle. Granted this streak has been much longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

CSF wrote: »
    There's an argument for it being someone's debut that they intend to push to the stars, similar to Tazz debuting and taking down Kurt Angle. Granted this streak has been much longer.

That would make sense, but you also need to keep Cena strong as well. :D

I think it will be Cena or Reigns, wouldn't mind it been a returning Bryan either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think he should be beaten by the greatest streak breaker of all time - R Truth

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

His unpinned and never submitted streak has no major value right now. They need to build him up a lot more before it means something significant to him and significant to someone who pins or submits him.

Keep that streak going for a long time, have him beat big stars in big matches to boost him. I would end it in an elimination chamber as the final guy beaten or something like that, where no shame would exist in him losing and the winner would get an extra boost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Stardust! This star shines brighter than a Russian doll, you can't defeat what is above you for you can reach for the stars bit you'll never quite reach Stardust hisssssss.

That could be the Cody Rhodes mark in me talking though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Sgt. Slaughter obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Ageyev wrote: »
    Sgt. Slaughter obviously.

Nah. Sure he'd likely turn, becoming a Russian sympathiser. Hulk Hogan could be the guy to save us then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The Iron Sheik to break his back, make him humble. Accolade will never be Camel Clutch. Iran #1. USA #1 now too. Hach Pah Russia!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Vince should sign up this man to do it, for Rusev turning his back on his homeland

BueENAKCAAAZyCP.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

big e, drop the new day and build up big as the new mark henry
    at the same time have swagger come close but never quite beat rusev.
    Big E comes along says patriotism is no match for raw power insulting swagger and making himself a heel, have him beat Rusev to establish his strength

obviously this would need to be played out over a long time, first with big e being built up possibly under mark henry's guidance (think of the promos they could do of them being pure gym bros) possible student - mentor feud, Rusev's streak continuing and gaining momentum, Swagger failing, Big E call swagger weak and that's why he hides behind patriotism. Big breaks the streak hey presto big e is established as a much needed heel and a new feud with swagger set up

big e, drop the new day and build up big as the new mark henry
    at the same time have swagger come close but never quite beat rusev.
    Big E comes along says patriotism is no match for raw power insulting swagger and making himself a heel, have him beat Rusev to establish his strength

obviously this would need to be played out over a long time, first with big e being built up possibly under mark henry's guidance (think of the promos they could do of them being pure gym bros) possible student - mentor feud, Rusev's streak continuing and gaining momentum, Swagger failing, Big E call swagger weak and that's why he hides behind patriotism. Big breaks the streak hey presto big e is established as a much needed heel and a new feud with swagger set up

Big E could not be more finished if he tried!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

I've only seen him in the new day has he been a bit of a flop before that? In which case disregard my post as the work of a procrastinating mad man

I've only seen him in the new day has he been a bit of a flop before that? In which case disregard my post as the work of a procrastinating mad man

He came in as Ziggler's muscle, left with AJ when Dolph dumped her, lost that PPV match with Dolph and Kaitlyn (ooh baby), then went into limbo for a while, before getting a massive push, being the runout guy for all the big feuds, and winning the intercontinental title.

It just never worked at all though, and he's been on main event and house shows and the likes with the rare exception of jobbing to Rusev at one of the small PPVs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

He never really got started on the main roster, I feel. His most successful point was when he was teaming with A.J Lee & Dolph Ziggler, and that's quite a while ago now. His Intercontinental championship reign did nothing for me, it seemed like it actually set him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

'Big E, you have Three minutes to pack your stuff and leave'

' Three ain't enough man, I need Five'

:pac:

/coat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ryback vs rusev at mania in a street fight. A good build up and a decent match could help establish both guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

'Big E, you have Three minutes to pack your stuff and leave'

eric-bischoff-9_1598.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The winner of Baron Corbin and Bull Dempsey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Roman Reigns is pencilled in to work with Rusev in January so I suppose there's a chance that he will pin him.

No point talking about it unless they build him for a good while yet. He's still just getting momentum going.

He never really got started on the main roster, I feel. His most successful point was when he was teaming with A.J Lee & Dolph Ziggler, and that's quite a while ago now. His Intercontinental championship reign did nothing for me, it seemed like it actually set him back.
    Tbh I just don't think that he's that talented. We all have this natural enough obsession with new guys coming in and freshening everything up, but sometimes the new guys just aren't as good as what is already there.

• Advertisement

Ageyev wrote: »
    Roman Reigns is pencilled in to work with Rusev in January so I suppose there's a chance that he will pin him.

That would destroy Rusev IMO in the same way a Cena defeat destroys every strong heel.

Heels only really come out well in these sort of defeats when it's against someone the crowd is seriously emotionally invested in.

Rusev losing to Reigns or Cena would essentially be a heel losing when lots of us want him to win. The beginning of the end of any heel.

Whereas against Ambrose or Bryan or Ziggler, we are all hoping (sometimes against hope) for them to win, and Rusev gets to be a really good heel in making us believe he won't, and in doing so actually puts himself over in defeat because of the occasion he created.

For instance, did anyone particularly feel Rollins suffered from the circumstances from which he was pinned (essentially clean too) at Survivor Series? I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

i can see a reigns rusev fued in january - but reigns wont get a clean win over him - then leads to a Rock fued for mania - i know this will probably kill any heat he has when rock does pin him - but its best for business!

i can see a reigns rusev fued in january - but reigns wont get a clean win over him - then leads to a Rock fued for mania - i know this will probably kill any heat he has when rock does pin him - but its best for business!

I actually don't think they would have Rock win if they went down that route. The Rock doesn't need to be booked strong at all at this stage. He is The Rock. Rusev hasn't even entered the title picture yet. I think there's a strong argument to say that the guy who beats Rusev should be taking the WWE title from him. WWE is so badly in need of credible full-time heels, with only Seth Rollins worthy of the title picture at present IMO.

Advertisement