Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you want to beat Rusev's streak?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

'Big E, you have Three minutes to pack your stuff and leave'

eric-bischoff-9_1598.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The winner of Baron Corbin and Bull Dempsey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Roman Reigns is pencilled in to work with Rusev in January so I suppose there's a chance that he will pin him.

No point talking about it unless they build him for a good while yet. He's still just getting momentum going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

He never really got started on the main roster, I feel. His most successful point was when he was teaming with A.J Lee & Dolph Ziggler, and that's quite a while ago now. His Intercontinental championship reign did nothing for me, it seemed like it actually set him back.
    Tbh I just don't think that he's that talented. We all have this natural enough obsession with new guys coming in and freshening everything up, but sometimes the new guys just aren't as good as what is already there.

• Advertisement

Ageyev wrote: »
    Roman Reigns is pencilled in to work with Rusev in January so I suppose there's a chance that he will pin him.

That would destroy Rusev IMO in the same way a Cena defeat destroys every strong heel.

Heels only really come out well in these sort of defeats when it's against someone the crowd is seriously emotionally invested in.

Rusev losing to Reigns or Cena would essentially be a heel losing when lots of us want him to win. The beginning of the end of any heel.

Whereas against Ambrose or Bryan or Ziggler, we are all hoping (sometimes against hope) for them to win, and Rusev gets to be a really good heel in making us believe he won't, and in doing so actually puts himself over in defeat because of the occasion he created.

For instance, did anyone particularly feel Rollins suffered from the circumstances from which he was pinned (essentially clean too) at Survivor Series? I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

i can see a reigns rusev fued in january - but reigns wont get a clean win over him - then leads to a Rock fued for mania - i know this will probably kill any heat he has when rock does pin him - but its best for business!

i can see a reigns rusev fued in january - but reigns wont get a clean win over him - then leads to a Rock fued for mania - i know this will probably kill any heat he has when rock does pin him - but its best for business!

I actually don't think they would have Rock win if they went down that route. The Rock doesn't need to be booked strong at all at this stage. He is The Rock. Rusev hasn't even entered the title picture yet. I think there's a strong argument to say that the guy who beats Rusev should be taking the WWE title from him. WWE is so badly in need of credible full-time heels, with only Seth Rollins worthy of the title picture at present IMO.

Advertisement