Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

info on this picture

Options
  • 09-12-2014 10:37am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi Guys, I'm looking to see if anyone has any information on this picture. I currently work in the pub and we have only recently come across it. We are thinking it was taken in the late 20s early 30s.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭irish gent

http://www.clontarf.ie/_media/2/images/galleries2/e_img_9756_1.jpgarry Byrne’s 107 Howth Rd, Clontarf

Old photograph of Harry Byrne's Pub ClontarfThis old gem of antiquity, which is descended from an 18th century Coaching Inn, has remained faithful to the ethos of the traditional era, and therefore properly qualifies as a Heritage Pub. When this old Inn was first licensed back in 1798 much woodland and scrub covered the Black Quarry and along the banks of the Hollybrook River.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭irish gent

• Registered Users Posts: 16,174 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Car resembles a Morris Cowley Flatnose (produced 1926-1931) with what looks like a radiator mascot and some sort of radiator cover to aid warming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Would it be possible to trace the owner if we could see the reg. number?

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Would it be possible to trace the owner if we could see the reg. number?

Reg. No. is not in shot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Reg. No. is not in shot.

Yep, I know, but just wondered if we could see it, is it possible to find out the owner. Just asked as I have an old photo of a motor car but don't know who the owner is and wondered who on earth in the family could have owned a car, or maybe someone was a chauffeur.

It is possible, but you'd want to visit whatever city or county vehicle archive to search and find out the owner for yourself.

They probably would be bothered looking for the info for you.

Advertisement