Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power points /sockets - internal concrete wall

Options
  • 09-12-2014 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

We need to install two power points / sockets into the main bedroom, and the wall is concrete - is this possible? It's on the upper floor, so the floor boards are bare wood (until the carpets are fitted next week).

Unfortunately it's the only position in the room the bed can fit in where we can also have bedside lockers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TOEJOE

Hi if you can chase the wall (i.e chisel out the wall you can hide the cables (not a big job)) otherwise you can surface mount the sockets .
    Either way it should be possible, get an electrician to look at the job.
    Happy Xmas

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

+1

Chasing can be a messy job, but it is worth it IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

We haven't started painting and decorating yet, so chasing is the way to go

Thanks guys, you've made my day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

on_my_oe wrote: »
    We haven't started painting and decorating yet, so chasing is the way to go

Thanks guys, you've made my day

Dont forget some plastic pipe for the cables. Wouldnt want to plaster or cement the bare cable into the chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Chain drill the line of the box with a decent drill and a 5.5mm bit first , make it easier on yourself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement