Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landline number on a mobile phone

Options
  • 09-12-2014 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi guys,

I'm setting up a business and need to get a number sorted.

I want it to be a landline number and if possible for it to be on a mobile phone. I was just wondering, is it possible to get a landline number on a mobile phone, without having a landline phone plugged into a wall somewhere? I won't be in the office I'm renting full time. There'll be other people using it as well so it's not feasible to have a phone plugged in somewhere.

Or would I just be better off getting a business mobile? I'd rather not do this though!

Thanks,

Helena

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

If you sign up for a VoIP service you can usually configure a SIP client on your mobile phone but you are usually best using it over WiFi as call quality over 3G isn't great at times

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Try Goldfish or Blueface.

You can forward calls from a VoIP provider or use VoIP altogether which is a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mister-M5

Hi guys,

I'm setting up a business and need to get a number sorted.

I want it to be a landline number and if possible for it to be on a mobile phone. I was just wondering, is it possible to get a landline number on a mobile phone, without having a landline phone plugged into a wall somewhere? I won't be in the office I'm renting full time. There'll be other people using it as well so it's not feasible to have a phone plugged in somewhere.

Or would I just be better off getting a business mobile? I'd rather not do this though!

Thanks,

Helena

Hi Helena,

If you have a registered business, you qualify for Red Business plans on Vodafone. On these plans, there's a feature called 'Landline on Mobile'.

Here, they give you a virtual landline number, which is determined by the county your registered business is in, that rings directly to your mobile. So you can advertise a fixed line number, Eg 01XXXXXXX, that will ring directly to your mobile. You also get the mobile number, obviously.

Hopefully this helps

Advertisement