Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conflicting information received on new order

Options
  • 09-12-2014 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

I placed an order for home phone and broadband on 29 Nov.

Received a sales call from Eircom on 2 Dec trying to entice me to order broadband. I explained that I had already placed an order but that I knew the phone line had to be sorted first and I was waiting for a call from a technician. The sales rep said that he couldn't possibly advise on that and told me to check with someone else.

I chatted with Tracey from Eircom on Twitter on 2 Dec and she explained that I did need to wait for a technician to come to activate the line and then there would be a wait of 5 working days after that for the broadband.

Yesterday (8 Dec) I received a letter from Eircom advising of direct debit details. Thought I'd better check to see what's going on with the order as I hadn't heard anything, so I Live Chatted with one of Eircom's agents. He was incredibly rude and unhelpful - said he couldn't speak for anyone else or about what I'd been told before, but that the line had been activated on 29 Nov and there was no need for a technician and that the broadband hadn't been ordered.

I explained that I've been getting conflicting info and asked him to double check so I know how to proceed from here. He was quite forcefully insisting that what he was telling me was correct and that he didn't "know how to make it any clearer" to me.

I don't know what's going on with the order, whether I'm supposed to get a call from a technician, or whether I need to reorder broadband! Can you please look into this? I can PM the order number.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Sinall wrote: »

Received a sales call from Eircom on 2 Dec trying to entice me to order broadband. I explained that I had already placed an order but that I knew the phone line had to be sorted first and I was waiting for a call from a technician. The sales rep said that he couldn't possibly advise on that and told me to check with someone else.

I chatted with Tracey from Eircom on Twitter on 2 Dec and she explained that I did need to wait for a technician to come to activate the line and then there would be a wait of 5 working days after that for the broadband.

Yesterday (8 Dec) I received a letter from Eircom advising of direct debit details. Thought I'd better check to see what's going on with the order as I hadn't heard anything, so I Live Chatted with one of Eircom's agents. He was incredibly rude and unhelpful - said he couldn't speak for anyone else or about what I'd been told before, but that the line had been activated on 29 Nov and there was no need for a technician and that the broadband hadn't been ordered.

I explained that I've been getting conflicting info and asked him to double check so I know how to proceed from here. He was quite forcefully insisting that what he was telling me was correct and that he didn't "know how to make it any clearer" to me.

I don't know what's going on with the order, whether I'm supposed to get a call from a technician, or whether I need to reorder broadband! Can you please look into this? I can PM the order number.
    Hi Sinall

Please PM me your order or account number and I will look in to this further for you.

Many thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Hi Sinall

Please PM me your order or account number and I will look in to this further for you.

Many thanks
    Al
    Done!

Hi Sinall

Many thanks
    Al
    Done!

Hi Sinall

I've tried to contact you on your mobile number but there has been no answer - would you prefer me to call at a preferred time?

Thanks
    Al

Hi Sinall

I've tried to contact you on your mobile number but there has been no answer - would you prefer me to call at a preferred time?

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan

I saw the missed call alright but there was no voicemail. Was at work and unable to take calls. If you could call me after 4pm today that'd be great.

Hi Sinall

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan

I saw the missed call alright but there was no voicemail. Was at work and unable to take calls. If you could call me after 4pm today that'd be great.
    No problem Sinall - I'll call after 4pm

AL 

• Advertisement

Hi Sinall

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan

AL 
    Hi Alan

I don't seem to have received a call, or missed a call, yesterday. It would be great if someone could call me today.

Hi Sinall

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan

AL 
    Hi Alan

I don't seem to have received a call, or missed a call, yesterday. It would be great if someone could call me today.
    I'll arrange another for 4.30 today Sinall,

Thanks
    Al

Hi Sinall

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan

AL 
    Hi Alan

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan

Unfortunately still no call on this. No missed calls either so it doesn't look like anyone has tried to contact me. This seems to be falling between two stools, in much the same way as my order did!

Thanks

Hi Sinall

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan

AL 
    Hi Alan

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan

Unfortunately still no call on this. No missed calls either so it doesn't look like anyone has tried to contact me. This seems to be falling between two stools, in much the same way as my order did!

Thanks
    Thanks for taking my call Sinall

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Little fish

Dare I ask if you have broadband yet ? Be careful they don't take funds from your account before they've even completed the order. My advice would be to take your business elsewhere if you still have the chance, good luck !

• Advertisement

Dare I ask if you have broadband yet ? Be careful they don't take funds from your account before they've even completed the order.  My advice would be to take your business elsewhere if you still have the chance, good luck !
    We got it on Tuesday and it seems to be working so far! Must keep an eye on the account actually because Alan informed me that I'd only be charged once it was active, but based on what I've read on this forum that could easily go wrong.

Dare I ask if you have broadband yet ? Be careful they don't take funds from your account before they've even completed the order.  My advice would be to take your business elsewhere if you still have the chance, good luck !
    We got it on Tuesday and it seems to be working so far! Must keep an eye on the account actually because Alan informed me that I'd only be charged once it was active, but based on what I've read on this forum that could easily go wrong.
    Hi Sinall

I have put in place a number of credits to make sure this is not charged in advance of you receiving the service. I'll PM you some more information.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement