Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New housing developments 2015

Options
  • 09-12-2014 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Is there any website which has details on new housing developments coming on stream in 2015?
    (i'm interested specifically in Dublin if that matters)
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Your local council's planning site?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,904 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Your local council's planning site?

Not reliable. Lots of sites with renewed planning that have zero intention of starting soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

L1011 wrote: »
    Not reliable. Lots of sites with renewed planning that have zero intention of starting soon.

Site commencements AFAIK are the better metric, I remember hearing an interview with *someone* who monitors this on Newstalk recently.

May help:
    https://www.localgov.ie/en/link-type/bcms
    https://www.localgov.ie/sites/default/files/buildingregister2014.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 24 greenhib

what about the actual property links themselves:-
    myhomedotie
    propertydotie
    dngdotie
    savillsdotie
    etcetera etcetera

greenhib wrote: »
    what about the actual property links themselves:-
    myhomedotie
    propertydotie
    dngdotie
    savillsdotie
    etcetera etcetera

Eull only show what's on sale which is not whats being looked for.

Commencements do the job better than driving around looking but won't be put in until it's totally ready to go. There is no single source for hints and rumours of whats pending - at best it's what's physically being built

• Advertisement

Eull only show what's on sale which is not whats being looked for.

Commencements do the job better than driving around looking but won't be put in until it's totally ready to go. There is no single source for hints and rumours of whats pending - at best it's what's physically being built

does this mean that what is advertised is not really available?
    how is it best to find a resource for what's physically being built?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

All major developments are advertised in the Irish Times. They are going to have to advertise somewhere if they want to sell

hfallada wrote: »
    All major developments are advertised in the Irish Times. They are going to have to advertise somewhere if they want to sell

would you possibly know if first time buyers are entitled to tax exemptions on new homes?
    also, is it possible to take on a rent to buy option on a new home?

thanks

would you possibly know if first time buyers are entitled to tax exemptions on new homes?

thanks

Rent to Buy isnt common in Ireland. I havent personally heard of a rent to buy development. If you have dozens of people wanting to buy your houses. Why sell to one who isnt offering money upfront

Rent to Buy isnt common in Ireland. I havent personally heard of a rent to buy development. If you have dozens of people wanting to buy your houses. Why sell to one who isnt offering money upfront

maybe a good idea to offer it to professionals who can put in a sizeable downpayment and then offer a rent to buy option. of course cannot compete with the dozens who can pay outright in cash.

• Advertisement

maybe a good idea to offer it to professionals who can put in a sizeable downpayment and then offer a rent to buy option. of course cannot compete with the dozens who can pay outright in cash.

Why would a cash poor developer choose that opinion? You want to buy land, develop it and sell it asap. Leaving an asset there and renting it is going to reduce you ability to raise cash to develop more sites

Why would a cash poor developer choose that opinion? You want to buy land, develop it and sell it asap. Leaving an asset there and renting it is going to reduce you ability to raise cash to develop more sites

bah! just typed out a logical sequence and when I went off to submit the reply the login screen appeared. will write back later.

thanks

No (there may be a property tax exemption still, but it's not worth a lot), and basically no. The few rent to buy schemes offered were borderline scams and banks did not consider the 'deposit' provided by the rent to be a deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭leelee77

Noonan Construction have announced that they are to start building approx 100 houses in Skerries in 2015

No (there may be a property tax exemption still, but it's not worth a lot), and basically no. The few rent to buy schemes offered were borderline scams and banks did not consider the 'deposit' provided by the rent to be a deposit.

which means that the banks didn't return the 'deposits' ?
    shame if there are no tax exemptions.

which means that the banks didn't return the 'deposits' ?
    shame if there are no tax exemptions.

No, there were no banks involved at all in the collection of cash.

It involved developers agreeing a price and taking "rent" which would be returned, only in the form of a cheque back to the developer basically, to be shown to a bank as your "deposit".

There were two problems here. First was that often the property was now worth wildly less than the agreed price so the bank wouldn't lend. Second was that the "deposit" was not considered to be a deposit by the bank so you needed to have saved for a deposit separately.

There should be no tax exemptions for anyone, ever on property - anything at all is interference in the market. We've seen what mayhem a relatively small mortgage interest relief rate can cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

The development I live in had one unfinished block when I moved in 6 years ago. That block is now almost completed, the landscapers are currently making it look all purty. I checked the NAMA website and it is still listed as not for sale, but I can see all 62 units being put on the market in 2015.

It's the St Edmunds Development in Lucan (often listed as Palmerstown, Dublin 20 for some strange reason) and you can contact Grant Thorton for more information.
    This property type is "Residential" and is not for sale.
    Number of units: 61 Units
    For more information:
    Receiver's firm: Grant Thornton, namainfo@ie.gt.com, (01) 680 5805

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Skelp

The development I live in had one unfinished block when I moved in 6 years ago. That block is now almost completed, the landscapers are currently making it look all purty. I checked the NAMA website and it is still listed as not for sale, but I can see all 62 units being put on the market in 2015.

It's the St Edmunds Development in Lucan (often listed as Palmerstown, Dublin 20 for some strange reason) and you can contact Grant Thorton for more information.

I believe South Dublin Council Council are going to be using that new block for social housing. Think I read it in the Lucan Gazette, but there is no link online.

Advertisement