Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of the road,for Westport music festival

Options
  • 09-12-2014 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Realise this is old news at this stage but a sad development none the less. From the point of view of a concert goer,i found this to be an excellent event with something for everyone and a real positive vibe about it. The setting was perfect and within walking distance for anybody staying in the town over the weekend. Assume that the move to relocate the event to Killarney is a financial one on the part of the organisers, but good luck to them with it.one thing I do suggest they tighten up on is the actual 'band system' they have for entry. There was a substantial amount of people getting in free, by simply swapping bands with mates or in some instances photocopying them. Surely in this day and age there is a more efficient ticketing system that could be applied. This would also enable them to charge a bit less for tickets as they were a little on the expensive side.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭P_Cash

gigantic09 wrote: »
    Realise this is old news at this stage but a sad development none the less. From the point of view of a concert goer,i found this to be an excellent event with something for everyone and a real positive vibe about it. The setting was perfect and within walking distance for anybody staying in the town over the weekend. Assume that the move to relocate the event to Killarney is a financial one on the part of the organisers, but good luck to them with it.one thing I do suggest they tighten up on is the actual 'band system' they have for entry. There was a substantial amount of people getting in free, by simply swapping bands with mates or in some instances photocopying them. Surely in this day and age there is a more efficient ticketing system that could be applied. This would also enable them to charge a bit less for tickets as they were a little on the expensive side.

Yea the wrist band system was a joke. But it's so expensive in there never mind getting in, once you squeeze people today they will work a way out

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭gigantic09

Agree that accommodation in the town isn't cheap that time of year and better deals could have been given. They aren't exactly moving to the bargain basement of holiday destinations in Killarney either, so don't know how that will work out.

Advertisement