Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for an alarm/central locking engineer with knowledge of older Mercs

• 09-12-2014 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've recently acquired an old-ish Mercedes (1995 E Class Estate).

The car has central locking -when I sit in the driver sit and turn the key, if I push the driver door lock down all other doors lock.

It also had at some stage a remote fob but it's not working.

There is no keyhole on the driver side, just the (now defunct) IR receiver.

Turning the key in Passenger door or tailgate only locks the individual door.

So, in short, I can't lock the car at present.

I am considering getting an aftermarket remote central locking system wired into the existing CL system.

Is that a standard enough job, or do I need someone with experience with these specific cars?

If you know anyone familiar with these please pass the details.

Much obliged!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

MuffinsDa wrote: »
    Hi,

I've recently acquired an old-ish Mercedes (1995 E Class Estate).

The car has central locking -when I sit in the driver sit and turn the key, if I push the driver door lock down all other doors lock.

It also had at some stage a remote fob but it's not working.

There is no keyhole on the driver side, just the (now defunct) IR receiver.

Turning the key in Passenger door or tailgate only locks the individual door.

So, in short, I can't lock the car at present.

I am considering getting an aftermarket remote central locking system wired into the existing CL system.

Is that a standard enough job, or do I need someone with experience with these specific cars?

If you know anyone familiar with these please pass the details.

Much obliged!

Where are you located ?

Advertisement