Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiving emails from eMobile when I don't have an account

Options
  • 09-12-2014 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

Every month around this time for the last 3 months, I receive an email from emobile saying my bill is now available to view online

Here is the mail header, with the email stripped out.
    eceived: by 10.112.173.131 with SMTP id bk3csp684954lbc;
    Tue, 9 Dec 2014 05:45:10 -0800 (PST)
    X-Received: by 10.194.82.97 with SMTP id h1mr5248312wjy.116.1418132710234;
    Tue, 09 Dec 2014 05:45:10 -0800 (PST)
    Return-Path: <no-reply@emobile.ie>
    Received: from emps4b.eircom.ie (mail4.eircom.ie. [95.45.178.42])
    by mx.google.com with ESMTP id gm10si14937460wib.98.2014.12.09.05.45.10
    for <>;
    Tue, 09 Dec 2014 05:45:10 -0800 (PST)
    Received-SPF: none (google.com: no-reply@emobile.ie does not designate permitted sender hosts) client-ip=95.45.178.42;
    Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
    spf=none (google.com: no-reply@emobile.ie does not designate permitted sender hosts) smtp.mail=no-reply@emobile.ie
    Received: from unknown (HELO dubca02.meteor2000.ie) ([159.134.25.225])
    by emps3b.eircom.ie with ESMTP; 09 Dec 2014 13:45:09 +0000
    Received: from mwaprd01 (10.239.3.77) by mailrelay.meteor2000.ie
    (10.118.225.104) with Microsoft SMTP Server id 8.3.264.0; Tue, 9 Dec 2014
    13:45:06 +0000
    Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 13:45:06 +0000
    To:
    Message-ID: <-275271619.1518.1418132706698.JavaMail.esbapp@mwaprd01>

Obviously I could just delete these emails, but I don't want that. I want these emails to stop. I don't have an emobile account. You should not have my email address. Please stop using my email address and please find out which a/c my email address is assigned to and get the correct email address for that a/c and stop using mine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Steinle

this seems similar to the issue i am currently having with emobile. check the thread “emobile fraud and identity theft” and consider if yours could be a similar issue…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

2 days and no response????

8 days and no response?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay. If you're receiving these emails and you're not an eMobile customer, could you PM us with your email address and we can look into this further.

Thanks,

Alan

Oh wow, I was obviously busy ringing/texting over Christmas & New Years as this month I received a bill for €70

And just to be clear that is a bill for an account I don't have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Steinle

Dacelonid wrote: »
    Oh wow, I was obviously busy ringing/texting over Christmas & New Years as this month I received a bill for €70

Somehow I am not surprised. My issue with that fraudulent eMobile account is still ongoing as well, despite several calls from eMobile/eircom assuring me that all is under control and the account closed and apologies and all. They also promised written confirmation which has never materialised either. And today I got another bill.
    There is clearly something very wrong at eMobile, something really major, and some people there should get fired, possibly sued as well. They are either just feckless losers and liars or actual criminals, and somehow I am starting to believe the latter may be the case and am seriously considering getting legal advice on this whole mess right now. Didn’t think it would ever come to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Steinle wrote: »

Somehow I am not surprised. My issue with that fraudulent eMobile account is still ongoing as well, despite several calls from eMobile/eircom assuring me that all is under control and the account closed and apologies and all. They also promised written confirmation which has never materialised either. And today I got another bill.
    There is clearly something very wrong at eMobile, something really major, and some people there should get fired, possibly sued as well. They are either just feckless losers and liars or actual criminals, and somehow I am starting to believe the latter may be the case and am seriously considering getting legal advice on this whole mess right now. Didn’t think it would ever come to this.

Hi Steinle
    I have responded to your other post on this and if you can PM me details all aspects of this issue will be investigated and clear response supplied.
    Regards
    Tony

Hi Steinle
    I have responded to your other post on this and if you can PM me details all aspects of this issue will be investigated and clear response supplied.
    Regards
    Tony
    Thats great for Steinle but what about me

Hi Steinle
    Regards
    Tony
    Thats great for Steinle but what about me
    Hi Dacelonid
    I was checking with Alan what details we had already received on previous PM from you. I have sent you a PM on this now.
    Have a look and if info available please send this on. I will be back to you as soon as I can.
    Tony

Any update

• Advertisement

Any update
    Hi Daceloid, apologies, I was away last week. I have been advised that on the information provided, there is no eMobile account. I have asked for further investigation into the eircom account but I cannot see why the bill would specifically say eMobile from this. I will be back tomorrow or early Wednesday.
    Tony 

Another month and another email about a bill on an account you say I don't have.
    If I don't have an account, why are you sending me emails.

Another month and another email about a bill on an account you say I don't have.
    Hi Dacelonid, this is an odd one as I can confirm no account exists nor do we have your details. I have PM'd you just now on this also.
    Tony

Hi Dacelonid
    this issue has now been resolved and you should receive no more communication on this.
    Thanks for your patience on this. I have PM'd you with a bit more detail also.
    Regards
    Tony

Advertisement