If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nad c 720bee

Options
  • 09-12-2014 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

hi,

many years ago i bought this stereo receiver from you. Today when i plug it in it's stopped working. I unplugged it and left it. Checked all the glass fuses inside, that i can see, and the power cable. All good.

When i turn it on the green speaker select leds light briefly, maybe 2 seconds, and turn off.

I've looked at google and got no help. Is their anything else I can do, check? If not would you know anywhere in cork, kerry that might have a look for me and give me a estimation on fixing it?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

tinner777 wrote: »
    hi,

many years ago i bought this stereo receiver from you. Today when i plug it in it's stopped working. I unplugged it and left it. Checked all the glass fuses inside, that i can see, and the power cable. All good.

When i turn it on the green speaker select leds light briefly, maybe 2 seconds, and turn off.

I've looked at google and got no help. Is their anything else I can do, check? If not would you know anywhere in cork, kerry that might have a look for me and give me a estimation on fixing it?

Thanks
    HI Tinner777.

sorry to hear that you are having issues with your amp.

I'm not to sure what could be wrong and you've done most of the checks. Are the speakers connected to the amp when this fault happens?

I have done some checking online to see if I could find any information and I seen you also posted on Electronic Partner.ie. They seem to be the ones that come up when searching the internet for NAD repair agents.
    They are based in Galway but offer a collection service for faulty items. I don't know anything about them personally unfortunately regarding service, price etc...

It may be possible for us to get the unit repaired but it would need returned to us here in Belfast. We would then charge a £40 estimate fee for the unit go to the engineer and get an estimate on the cost to repair. The £40 would then be deducted from that bill leaving the difference to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Thanks fir the reply Kenny, yea i asked on that site but got no reply. It will not power on with or without speakers???

• Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

tinner777 wrote: »
    Thanks fir the reply Kenny, yea i asked on that site but got no reply. It will not power on with or without speakers???
    Hey Tinner777.

No problem at all.

It does sound like it is a sick amp :(

If I manage to come across any other repair agents I'll be sure to let you know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.