Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van Morrison olympia Theatre tomorrow

Options
  • 09-12-2014 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

Looking forward to this. It was announced very late, but will be good to see him in a nice small venue.
    Anyone know if the circle seating has more legroom than the ground floor stalls seating? I find the ground ones very cramped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Looking forward to this. It was announced very late, but will be good to see him in a nice small venue.
    Anyone know if the circle seating has more legroom than the ground floor stalls seating? I find the ground ones very cramped.

I have never been seated in the stalls before, but I did find the seats in the circle fairly cramped.

Should be a great gig, hopefully with this set up, Van will be open to playing Some rarely played Astral Weeks tracks, Madame George and Slim Slow Slider would bring the house down!

One can hope! With it been an evening based on lyrics and the crafting of a song, the Astral Weeks tracks would be most appropriate!

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Well, I can now confirm the seats in the stalls are pathetically small too!
    Maybe even more cramped than the seats in the circle. Very uncomfortable!

Alas, the gig was sensational, and Madame George did indeed bring the house down. Great to see Van the Man chill out and joke around in the Q&A section, he seemed in really good form!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Well, I can now confirm the seats in the stalls are pathetically small too!
    Maybe even more cramped than the seats in the circle. Very uncomfortable!

Alas, the gig was sensational, and Madame George did indeed bring the house down. Great to see Van the Man chill out and joke around in the Q&A section, he seemed in really good form!

Into the mystic was just unbelievable, he had the crowd in the palm of his hand, amazing show all together

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I did find the seats in the circle fairly cramped.
    Some are OK, many are terrible, and its not as simple as there being a "good row". I know people who avoid it because of this.

I wondered if it was so old that is to blame, people being smaller when it was built.

Seems it might be the case

http://theatreprojects.com/files/pdf/Resources_IdeasInfo_sizematters.pdf
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2827331/One-Britain-s-oldest-cinemas-forced-replace-seats-time-100-years-expanding-bottoms-no-longer-fit-them.html

Advertisement