Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing From A Sole Trader To Ltd Company

Options
  • 09-12-2014 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hello,

I am trying to decide whether i (soletrader) should register for VAT as a soletrader or if i should change to a private ltd company.

Could someone provide a brief synopsis on what the advantages and disadvantages are of the above, or alternatively if you have a link that i could read up on, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭NotaSheep

VAT is treated the same whether you are a sole trader or a limited company. There would be no change in your VAT liability. There are other differences of course, but these are unrelated to VAT. This is a good article on the subject: stuartmeharg.ie/starting-a-business-sole-trade-vs-limited-company/

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭paul7g

Great, thanks for your help.

Advertisement