Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wetherspoons For Waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

alta stare wrote: »
    I missed where you said you were from?

I would also like to know this.

Must be a pretty special place!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭ExoPolitic

According to Waterfords News and Star, this will be opening in November 2019!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

ExoPolitic wrote: »

Start building mid November 2019 ;)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

ExoPolitic wrote: »

Go back and reread it, it’s stated building works will commence in November with an expected completion date of May 2020

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Go back and reread it, it’s stated building works will commence in November with an expected completion date of May 2020

My bad, took the front page as gospel... That'll teach me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Aquos76 wrote: »

Wait til they dig up some medieval graveyard or artifacts delaying it even more ha

Hopefully it will add to they city centre for next summer. How come egans never opened again ?? Would think a location like that would of been a good investment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wait til they dig up some medieval graveyard or artifacts delaying it even more ha

Hopefully it will add to they city centre for next summer. How come egans never opened again ?? Would think a location like that would of been a good investment

Did Penneys not buy the Egan's and PTSB slot to expand or was there a huge time gap in the middle?

was there a hotel once upon a time in cathedral square or near it ??

I knw of the belfrey where the back of Penny's is now

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kamiooka

Never mind Wetherspoons! Waterford really needs T&H's reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

was there a hotel once upon a time in cathedral square or near it ??

I knw of the belfrey where the back of Penny's is now

New Penneys building takes in the belfry and egans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Gillman1998

I was in Cork at the weekend so of course I paid a visit to Wetherspoons to see what’s in store for us. If you know the chain then you’ll know the feel and the layout and Cork was just like being in London or Leeds, same everything.

Good beers including 4 or 5 hand pulled ales including Adnams Ghost Ship, all priced at €2.75 and the ones I tried were in excellent condition. No Guinness apparently but Beamish was €2.95

Food was good and quick, burgers €7.90 or €9.90 with a pint or a glass of wine.

All in all I thought it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

I was in Cork at the weekend so of course I paid a visit to Wetherspoons to see what’s in store for us. If you know the chain then you’ll know the feel and the layout and Cork was just like being in London or Leeds, same everything.

Good beers including 4 or 5 hand pulled ales including Adnams Ghost Ship, all priced at €2.75 and the ones I tried were in excellent condition. No Guinness apparently but Beamish was €2.95

Food was good and quick, burgers €7.90 or €9.90 with a pint or a glass of wine.

All in all I thought it was great.

And the app is very handy to be able to order from your table and pay by PayPal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Long time coming. I heard May 2020 opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

Screw that Brexit supporting heathen .

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭DLS_75

decies wrote: »
    Screw that Brexit supporting heathen .

Screw those Palestinian killing Israelis from Teva - they should be gone from this town, and bring their 600 jobs with them! 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MoashoaM

DLS_75 wrote: »
    Screw those Palestinian killing Israelis from Teva - they should be gone from this town, and bring their 600 jobs with them! 🙄

And I have issues with the Saudi backed North Quay development. I don't know very much about Alhokair and from where his wealth originates or his connections to the royal family.

I tried him on forbes and this is all I could find
    https://www.forbes.com/profile/fawaz-alhokair/#7d4453be424a

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

DLS_75 wrote: »
    Stupid comment Israel and Palestine have damn all to to do with us , brexit is literally on our door step !!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

MoashoaM wrote:

Spotted that alright, bit of a story there I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭DLS_75

Stupid comment Israel and Palestine have damn all to to do with us , brexit is literally on our door step !!

My point is, his opinion on brexit can’t really hurt us now can it? If you were to look at the ethics behind every investment in this country you’d probably have a moral dilemma after every second rock you look under.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Brexit is a storm in a teacup. Fuelled by the age of fake news, social media and the anxiety fuelled culture of the new millenium the masses are conditioned to accept bad things are on the horizon! Does anyone remember the 1980's?... a decade of deep recession yet we all survived! I was only a kid @ the time but unlike today there was a sense of community and people tried to get on with things as best they could. Life was simpler. Today if something horrible happens on the other side of this large planet its immediately beamed onto our TV, computer, mobile screens instantaneously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

MoashoaM wrote: »
    And I have issues with the Saudi backed North Quay development. I don't know very much about Alhokair and from where his wealth originates or his connections to the royal family.

https://www.forbes.com/profile/fawaz-alhokair/#7d4453be424a

Don't shop or visit there then. Simple.

Deiseen wrote: »
    Don't shop or visit there then. Simple.

Thanks for the instruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Brexit is a storm in a teacup. Fuelled by the age of fake news, social media and the anxiety fuelled culture of the new millenium the masses are conditioned to accept bad things are on the horizon! Does anyone remember the 1980's?... a decade of deep recession yet we all survived! I was only a kid @ the time but unlike today there was a sense of community and people tried to get on with things as best they could. Life was simpler. Today if something horrible happens on the other side of this large planet its immediately beamed onto our TV, computer, mobile screens instantaneously.

Oh you can be damn sure, brexit won't be good in the long run, most certainly for the uk itself, we potentially could be watching the beginning of the end of the uk, there's a possibility it may break up here, as I'm not the only one thinking this, oh and I'm not a millenial, brexit most certainly isn't a storm in a teacup

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Latest planning application for this allowing for changes they had to make to the bar layout, fire escapes etc, due for decision by 11th - that's Saturday so we'll call it Monday.
    http://www.eplanning.ie/WaterfordCCC/AppFileRefDetails/19849/0

Thats a series pub capacity wise.

Latest planning application for this allowing for changes they had to make to the bar layout, fire escapes etc, due for decision by 11th - that's Saturday so we'll call it Monday.
    http://www.eplanning.ie/WaterfordCCC/AppFileRefDetails/19849/0

I like what I see here. Very expansive. Can't wait to see Arundel square come back to life.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dexpat

Whatever you think about Wethersoons as a pub, they do a really good job fitting out any new pubs they do. I was in the Silver Penny in Abbey St Dublin which they opened last year which used to be an old bank. They restored an old spiral stairecase and it's a really good finish inside with lots of different sections.

I see from the elevations in the planing application that they are keeping the ugly thick glass window on the upper floor of the Arundel Sq side which is a shame. It should bring life back to that part of town after 6pm which is great though. There have been a lot of delays but they finally seem to be ready now to start this straight away.

Was in the the silver penny today in dublin and It looked great with very reasonable prices on food and drink

Ours will hopefully be similar with it been an ex bank like the silver penny

The app ordering service can be a pain esp for people not into technology

• Advertisement

Was in the the silver penny today in dublin and It looked great with very reasonable prices on food and drink

Ours will hopefully be similar with it been an ex bank like the silver penny

The app ordering service can be a pain esp for people not into technology

The app is great to keep the craic going, you never need to leave your table to get another drink!

Advertisement