Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 yr old routine

Options
  • 09-12-2014 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering what your 1 yr old sleep/feeding routine is..My LG is just one and she resists her evening nap but I normally win the battle..
    At the min its:

8ish wake toast and bottle
    11ish porridge with fruit
    then nap for 1 hr
    bottle when she wakes
    2 ish fruit /yoghurt
    3.30 bottle
    battle for nap
    6 dinner
    maybe a snack
    bottle and bed about 8 ish
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Can't see the logic in forcing a child to nap if they don't need/want it. We all have our own natural healthy routines; if she doesn't want a nap in the afternoon, why fight over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I follow their lead. My older child was never a great napper. She might have done an hour or two in the morning but if she didn't sleep in the afternoon I left it. My younger child would sleep up to 2.5 hours and might do an afternoon nap if he's tired or we're in the car/buggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Perhaps she doesn't need the afternoon nap. Both of mine switched to 1 nap a day around 1 year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Do you wake her or does she wake herself from the first nap?

Both of my lads dropped the 2nd nap around 12 months and napped for 2 hours. Usually 11-1 or 12-2.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭crunchie1

thanks..she wakes herself. Maybe i was just spoilt with my first as he loved his sleep!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement