Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project management courses

Options
  • 09-12-2014 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello there.
    I am wondering if anyone can help. I have decided to build on my retail project co-ordination experience and get an qualification in project management. I cannot tell the difference between all the options. There are companies offering the Prince 2 programme, Agile programme, PMI awards and others. What exactly is the best qualification to get via distance learning and in a short amount of time? Also, is their any possibility that I can do a sort of apprenticeship with a company during this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

I'm interested in a similar thing, was looking at the open college and CMIT (college of management and IT) who both offer fetac level 6 in project management, was looking for reviews both positive and negative of both if anyone has any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

I would recommend studying for the PMP exam. It is world recognised.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

I would recommend studying for the PMP exam. It is world recognised.

Thanks. What is the General consesus towards the PMP exams, very hard or quote doable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Thanks. What is the General consesus towards the PMP exams, very hard or quote doable?

Quite doable - its 4 hours of multiple choice questions. Get yourself a PMBOK and some sample questions. 3 months study and you'll be ready. The PMP exam prep book by Rita Mulcahy is very good.

Advertisement