Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draft from double doors

Options
  • 09-12-2014 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Any tips on eliminating draft from double doors (sitting room at back) it's bloody freezing! I've thick curtains up but it's still cold

Tips appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

I've used this stuff & find its reasonably good and not that expensive, usually have to replace it every couple of years when it gets worn down.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Emma A

Thanks a mill will give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

We had the same problem and I found that there was cold air entering where the glass meets the frame. I used silicon sealant to seal it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

We had same problem. We tried new rubber seals but didnt help much, we replaced all the windows and doors for new pvc ones. don't forget that no matter how sealed your doors are there is still a vent in the corner of the room which lets draft and noise in.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

Also depending on if your double doors are fitted properly, unlike ours which never closed properly until looked at again by a competent person..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Emma A

Thanks everyone for advice!

Advertisement