Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Direct Dublin City-Kilkenny-Waterford Bus Service

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

They can, the problem is that for reasons I don't understand, taxis can also use them, rendering the whole thing useless in terms of speeding up bus journeys. Anyway I'm on the bus right now, it was five minutes later but I'm just passing islandbridge now, one hour and forty minutes after leaving kk, a single cost less than on BE, it's way way quicker, more comfortable, and we weren't treated to a lecture on what a chore it is to deal with us by the driver when we were buying tickets or using the luggage storage. If possible, I'll never be using BE to Kilkenny again. Yippee!

One down point, the stop in the red cow seems a bit pointless if nobody requests it. We went there and nobody got off. Should be request only.

Agree re the red cow. Should be request. Adds 5-10 mins to journey for those not going to airport. But to be fair both times I used it people actually did get on/off there.
    The BE strike will do Dublin Coach no harm at all. Say they were mad busy last Friday Saturday. Probably some may have used it for the first time and likely stay using them now. Id never use BE again with Dublin Coach there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

One down point, the stop in the red cow seems a bit pointless if nobody requests it. We went there and nobody got off. Should be request only.

what if there's somebody there waiting to get on?

thelad95 wrote: »

Not to city centre though as they're not scheduled to bring passengers from there to city centre. What I've seen them do though is double up on coaches from the limerick service, to save money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

They aren't allowed take on passengers, Dublin Bus and Luas have protected routes in city.

Notice them using done newer and bigger buses lately on the route. Seems to have really taken off as always see plenty of people on them now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

Ya and seen two double decker Dublin coaches up by castle yesterday do they do tours down from Dublin too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

road_high wrote: »
    Not to city centre though as they're not scheduled to bring passengers from there to city centre. What I've seen them do though is double up on coaches from the limerick service, to save money.
    I think the Limerick coach goes directly to the Airport from there so passengers from Limerick hop on the Kilkenny coach to get to the city centre.
    Kilkenny passengers hop on the Limerick coach to get to the airport.
    The stop makes perfect sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

catbear wrote: »
    I think the Limerick coach goes directly to the Airport from there so passengers from Limerick hop on the Kilkenny coach to get to the city centre.

Ah fair enough, I didn't know that. Great service anyway.

Edit: although now I think about it, I used to get an aircoach to cork for work and Dublin coach to limerick would leave from right beside it on Westmoreland st, so I dunno, unless they changed the set up since.

catbear wrote: »

Not what I meant, the airport swap is obvious and well advertised.
    When I was on it, they were doubling up on the city centre run with the result we had to wait for the other bus (may have been from Portlaoise bus either). This is not stated in their timetable and should be as their timetable is a work of fiction otherwise. I'm not on it enough to know if it's a common occurrence though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

road_high wrote: »
    Not what I meant, the airport swap is obvious and well advertised.
    When I was on it, they were doubling up on the city centre run with the result we had to wait for the other bus (may have been from Portlaoise bus either). This is not stated in their timetable and should be as their timetable is a work of fiction otherwise. I'm not on it enough to know if it's a common occurrence though.

I got it fairly frequently the last few months and never came across this. Maybe they were just caught in a tight spot that day.

• Advertisement

I got it fairly frequently the last few months and never came across this. Maybe they were just caught in a tight spot that day.

Ah right cool hopefully something they were just doing when numbers were low initially then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I don't know whether it was mentioned or not: from 28th June Bus Eireann is doing a direct airport service as well as X7. From KK straight to Dublin.

Edit: I've just seen the other thread, sorry!

Advertisement