Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards.ie app

Options
  • 09-12-2014 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

is there an app that is available for boards.ie?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Moved from IrelandOffline

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

There's an android app available from the Play Store, but there's no ios app available yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 greenhib

Straylight wrote: »
    There's an android app available from the Play Store, but there's no ios app available yet.

what about the humble bb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Boards.ie: Chris

There is not currently a Boards.ie app for the Blackberry no. There's unlikely ever to be one unless there's a massive turn around in the market share either I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Is the Android one official?

• Advertisement

Is the Android one official?

This is the official Android Boards.ie app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.distilledmedia.boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Cheers but now I need help. I have 33 notifications. I assume these are from my PMs since when I viewed two of them, it went from 35 to 33. Is there a way to clear those 33 without having to click on each PM? I already actually read all the PMs on the PC.

There is not currently a Boards.ie app for the Blackberry no. There's unlikely ever to be one unless there's a massive turn around in the market share either I'm afraid.

ease of usage with the BB is better than having a glitzy stick that sends signals to anyone who wants to nick your phone that you probably have a galaxy or one of the samsungs. plus the BB isn't as hackable as the android phone.

as a devout bb fan (not of the passport tho) why write off an entire segment of bb users based on the rating of "market share"?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The new update is being flagged by the security app that I have installed.

greenhib wrote: »
    ease of usage with the BB is better than having a glitzy stick that sends signals to anyone who wants to nick your phone that you probably have a galaxy or one of the samsungs. plus the BB isn't as hackable as the android phone.

as a devout bb fan (not of the passport tho) why write off an entire segment of bb users based on the rating of "market share"?

It's just not worth the considerable time and financial investment. We have more users visiting the site from Kindles and Chromebook's than we do from Blackberry.

• Advertisement

TheZohan wrote: »
    The new update is being flagged by the security app that I have installed.

Hmmm, can I ask what app you're using that flagged it? I'll check it on my end as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Hmmm, can I ask what app you're using that flagged it? I'll check it on my end as well.

Norton Mobile Security.

TheZohan wrote: »
    Norton Mobile Security.

Cheers for that. It scans fine for me, but I've popped in a false positive dispute with them anyway, thanks again.

It's just not worth the considerable time and financial investment. We have more users visiting the site from Kindles and Chromebook's than we do from Blackberry.

ok so apart from K&C; (when you say chromebooks you mean laptops right), there is an app for the androids and the i-fellas.

so now market share
    and usage

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭28064212

ok so apart from K&C; (when you say chromebooks you mean laptops right), there is an app for the androids and the i-fellas.

so now market share
    and usage
    Building a mobile app takes a considerable amount of time and effort, especially for an unfamiliar ecosystem. Why would Boards invest their dev time in that for all of 12 users?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Write your own. Plenty of help out there on the web.

so now market share
    and usage

:confused:
    It's just not worth the considerable time and financial investment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement