Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot Connect to my Router

Options
  • 09-12-2014 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently ran a cable from my UPC TC7200 in my attic about 100m to my shed where I connected it to a new TPLINK Archer C2 I bought.

I finally managed to find time to crimp RJ45's onto the ends of the cable and connected up the two routers. I had set up both with a shorter cable earlier in order to get them to connect properly.

Well I connected the first LAN port of the TC7200 to the first LAN port of the Archer C2 but unfortunately I can't connect to the Wifi being emitted. I managed to connect to the internet over Ethernet cable from the archer to my pc and also managed to connect over the 5ghz wifi connection but for some reason I cannot over the 2.4ghz. What could this be?
    Sorry if I am being very vague.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Did you disable DHCP on the TP-link device and change its IP?

Eg if the UPC box is 192.168.1.1, use 192.168.1.2 for the TP-link.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

CianSmyth wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently ran a cable from my UPC TC7200 in my attic about 100m to my shed where I connected it to a new TPLINK Archer C2 I bought.

I finally managed to find time to crimp RJ45's onto the ends of the cable and connected up the two routers. I had set up both with a shorter cable earlier in order to get them to connect properly.

Well I connected the first LAN port of the TC7200 to the first LAN port of the Archer C2 but unfortunately I can't connect to the Wifi being emitted. I managed to connect to the internet over Ethernet cable from the archer to my pc and also managed to connect over the 5ghz wifi connection but for some reason I cannot over the 2.4ghz. What could this be?

Connect it beside the upc one with a smaller cable and get it working first.

What settings have you set on the new router?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

CianSmyth wrote: »
    Hi,

Run the cable from the LAN port of the UPC router to the wan port(blue) on the back of the tp-link router.... connect any devices u want hard wired in your shed to the lan ports of the tp router..

Usually tp link routers can be accessed by using 192.168.0.1 in your browser and u can set it up for a password etc by entering the wireless section on the left.

Advertisement