Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time insurance

Options
  • 09-12-2014 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Im sure this has been asked hundreds of times,but what kind of cars do people go for for their first?newer or older?what insurance companies are the best?got quoted €4600 today by liberty on a 00 1 litre polo :P,allianz wouldnt even quote me.18 male full licence

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

If you're a student try Axa Student First policy. Mine was 1200 21 year old male, 1.0l Ibiza

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

The only way to do it is to get a phone book and start ringing everyone. There no rule with regard insurance, everyone will have slightly different quotes. It will be expensive mind.

First car - small engined car and build up some no claims over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 georgeengine

ok people you are going to have to get creative to save money big money. my friend female 45 years of age 2010 car one litre got quote of 3000 euro. so what I have done is put her car in my name insured it with her down as named on my policey. that has cost us 500 euro. now I am driving my car its taxed has nct. but no longer in my name. and on my insurance I have that I can drive other cars not in my name . so I am driving my own car now which I put in my wifes name. I was stopped at road block last told them its my wifes car I am on way to garage to get it looked at . no problem it works will save you thousands. one hours work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

well done committing fraud and you won't be covered in the event of an accident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

ok people you are going to have to get creative to save money big money. my friend female 45 years of age 2010 car one litre got quote of 3000 euro. so what I have done is put her car in my name insured it with her down as named on my policey. that has cost us 500 euro. now I am driving my car its taxed has nct. but no longer in my name. and on my insurance I have that I can drive other cars not in my name . so I am driving my own car now which I put in my wifes name. I was stopped at road block last told them its my wifes car I am on way to garage to get it looked at . no problem it works will save you thousands. one hours work.

Lovely, another uninsured driver on our roads. Quick question which only requires a yes or no answer. Is there an insurance policy on the car you're driving every day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,253 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If your female friend has an accident and a claim made against her then your NCB is impacted too as the main policyholder. The insurance company then might suspect something is not quite right and do a bit of further investigation. They may even pursue you through the courts to recoup the amount of the claim.

I'm not fan of insurance companies but what you have done helps nobody and it just sounds like being penny wise but pound foolish to me. Let's be hopeful your female friend never causes an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't do bad things ok.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement