Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firefox crash

Options
  • 09-12-2014 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

I noticed today (happened twice) when I go onto the rte news website it stalls firefox for a while (freeze up) I have the latest version of firefox and latest flash.
    The computer doesn't crash just firefox... all other sites working fine for me? Anybody experience similar? it usually happens when i'm scrolling through the headlines?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Just download Google Chrome or any of the other free browsers and try one of them instead.... Or if you want to persist with Firefox, you could uninstall it then install the latest versions...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

mark17j wrote: »
    I noticed today (happened twice) when I go onto the rte news website it stalls firefox for a while (freeze up) I have the latest version of firefox and latest flash.
    The computer doesn't crash just firefox... all other sites working fine for me? Anybody experience similar? it usually happens when i'm scrolling through the headlines?

Clear your cache. Then you can look at uninstalling, and reinstalling. But clear cache and then close and open your browser and test.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I find FF to be unreliable lately with videos, usually just freezes for me.
    It's sad as I used to be a big fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Same here, used to try get people to dump IE and change to Firefox until I had problems that nothing seemed to solve. Been using Chrome for a while now and I've grown to like it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

FF are requesting donations lately on home page, last year they politely asked for a donation just once as far as I can recall. Wonder what the response is like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

chinwag wrote: »
    FF are requesting donations lately on home page, last year they politely asked for a donation just once as far as I can recall. Wonder what the response is like.

Set your homepage to be http://www.google.ie/ instead :) .
    Never understood the attraction with Chrome myself, but I use extensions extensively and the Chrome extensions are poor in comparison to Firefox ones..

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

yoyo wrote: »
    Set your homepage to be http://www.google.ie/ instead :) .
    Never understood the attraction with Chrome myself, but I use extensions extensively and the Chrome extensions are poor in comparison to Firefox ones..

Nick

Thanks Nick - I just did that and retained Firefox as my browser.
    Every now and then the actual Google homepage would appear (strange but true) but mostly got the FF one with the donation request. Now I can continue browsing without feeling guilty! Merci.

Advertisement