Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salt Tablets?

Options
  • 09-12-2014 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Is there such a thing? Or has electrolyte tablets replaced the idea of a pure salt replacement after a run? Tried a few shops around Dublin and London, but it seems Saltstick etc have replaced the notion of such ordinary salt tablets.

Anyone? Any recommendations on replacements?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭robnet77

electrolyte tablets contain all minerals your body need, not just salt, they're much better than just salt in my opinion, although I'm not sure "plain salt" tablets actually contain salt?
    Anyways I would stick to electrolytes (which include magnesium, potassium, etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

The edge Cork seemed to have them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

These are the ones I use:

http://www.ultramarathonrunningstore.com/Succeed-S-CAPS-Electrolyte-Capsules-p/succeedscaps.htm

I have read plenty about how salt (sodium, that is) isn't useful during running but my personal experiences differ. They do alleviate cramping and seem to work particularly well on hot days. Maybe it's a placebo effect but I don't think so (and even if it is, they still make a difference).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

uvox wrote: »
    a pure salt replacement after a run?

Anyone? Any recommendations on replacements?
    Try saxa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Try saxa.

:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement