Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Macbook pro virus?

• 09-12-2014 11:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I left my macbook unattended for 5 mins or so (I believe it was locked). I know I shouldn't have left it but I did. When I got back there was a file on the desktop named "AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_12au_ltrosxd_aaa_aih(1).dmg", and I don't remember downloading it. I didn't think much of it at the time and just "ejected it" by using option in the menu brought up by a "secondary click"(as Apple call it).

Now when I scanned my Macbook with Avast, the file comes up under non scanned. The file has about 85 files in it which could not be scanned as they're password protected. Avast is giving the message "Error 42056 Archive is password protected".

Could this possibly be a virus? malware? and how should I safely get rid of the file?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Just delete it. I wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Im a bit paranoid as it was there after I got back from leaving my Macbook unattended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

I'm assuming that you have Flash Player already installed? If so, it's possible that Flash Player is set to download updates automatically. If in doubt though you can use a program called AppZapper to delete it and all its related files.

Advertisement