Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

decapeptyl injection

Options
  • 09-12-2014 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi all
    I got 2 mths of the decapeptyl injection. How long does it that for periods to return. Is there anything that i can do to help them return?
    Do i need my cycle before i start ivf?
    😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

Bvon wrote: »
    Hi all
    I got 2 mths of the decapeptyl injection. How long does it that for periods to return. Is there anything that i can do to help them return?
    Do i need my cycle before i start ivf?
    😊

Hi Bvon,

I had 3 month injection of prostap which is similar to decapeptyl. I think it is different for everyone as to when periods return so is a difficult one to predict.

In my case I had injection early Feb and took until Oct for my period to return (I do think in my case it took longer than average).

I was advised that you would need cycle to return before starting IVF.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Bvon

starlight1 wrote: »
    Hi Bvon,

I had 3 month injection of prostap which is similar to decapeptyl. I think it is different for everyone as to when periods return so is a difficult one to predict.

In my case I had injection early Feb and took until Oct for my period to return (I do think in my case it took longer than average).

I was advised that you would need cycle to return before starting IVF.

Thank you for the reply Starlight.
    ah noo, I hope it wont take too long. Was all set to start in Jan. Ill make an appointment for a scan and see what they have to say then.

Thank you for the reply Starlight.
    ah noo, I hope it wont take too long. Was all set to start in Jan. Ill make an appointment for a scan and see what they have to say then.

no worries and as I say I think I was longer than the norm so hopefully it wont be the same for you! scan should be able to show how active ovaries etc are and I don't think they would be indicating Jan as a start date if it wasn't a possibility. Was it monthly injections you received?

Best of luck :)

starlight1 wrote: »
    no worries and as I say I think I was longer than the norm so hopefully it wont be the same for you! scan should be able to show how active ovaries etc are and I don't think they would be indicating Jan as a start date if it wasn't a possibility. Was it monthly injections you received?

Best of luck :)

They didn't really say anything just come back for a pre period scan. I just presumed as I told i would be starting in Oct only for they found a cyst on my ovary. Just feel like im waiting for ever. Put off wedding plans an all, we could have been well wed at this stage lol. Thats good if scan can tell what stage im at. I got 2 injections, one per month. Clinic said to wait till after Christmas to go back. Can't wait for Christmas to be over.

They didn't really say anything just come back for a pre period scan. I just presumed as I told i would be starting in Oct only for they found a cyst on my ovary. Just feel like im waiting for ever. Put off wedding plans an all, we could have been well wed at this stage lol. Thats good if scan can tell what stage im at. I got 2 injections, one per month. Clinic said to wait till after Christmas to go back. Can't wait for Christmas to be over.

Hopefully Christmas will be a bit of a distraction at least..Its so hard being in that limbo/waiting stage when you just want things to move along! Best of luck with it and let us know how you get on :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

Had them injections following op for endo....returned 6 weeks after second injection but was very light & short until the 3rd month when it returned when it became more regular.

Sound Bite wrote: »
    Had them injections following op for endo....returned 6 weeks after second injection but was very light & short until the 3rd month when it returned when it became more regular.

Only seeing this post now. Im finished injections and still waiting on my period.
    Can they give you something to help bring on periods? I had a feeling i ovulated last week, hopefully something happening now

Advertisement